2slo4u: My 10th gen..

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll post this here until they make a build thread.

Picked up a 2016 EX-T the other day and started to change things out right away. Can't leave a car stock for too long. Future plans for the car is to get a nice lip kit on, some wheels, coilovers,maybe new charge piping and a bov or bpv. I still have to see how the bov/bpv is for this car. I have yet to see it in the bay.

put on HID's and Yellow Foglight bulbs yesterday (one day after I got it)

Before:

After:

Changed out the interior lighting.

Before:

After:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice pick up man! Those HIDs look great too. FR-S gone?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice pick up man! Those HIDs look great too. FR-S gone?
Thank you! FRS is still here. Got this car for my wife and for me to save the miles on the FRS haha. Don't think I could let the FRS go unless it's for the FT1 haha

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice pick up! Your wife is a lucky woman.

2016 and still comes with a dull ass dome light. Why haven't we switched to LED's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice pick up! Your wife is a lucky woman.

2016 and still comes with a dull ass dome light. Why haven't we switched to LED's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
haha not sure, the OEM ones "do the job" but I like the look of the LED's better.

did some debadging and wheel test fitting today.

Looks like I'll have to save up for some 19's. The 18's were borrowed from the FRS so I would know how they'd look like on the Civic and see if the 18's were too small..which I do feel they are. The springs haven't settled back down yet hence the 4x4 look :D

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to like the new civics, but the front fenders give off a focus look and the rear end is so weird. But, looking good man. I see you've take no time to waste on getting going on it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Kind of ugly styling but I kind of want one, would be nice having that oem reliability with a factory turbo. A little disappointed in the power output but it's not to bad for a 1.5L, I was expecting to see 200hp in stock form but those epa mpg ratings seem to make up for that. I bet with a reflash and better octane it can make 220+ , that turbo must be tiny for a 1.5L to make 160ft lbs at 1700 rpm.

Can't wait to see what you do with this, I bet lowered on nice wheels with some tint and lip kits will make it look 10x better

xpttcx

99 Honda Civic EX
5+ Year Member
Glad to see that you got her! Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know what you guys mean on the looks. I'm still trying to fall in love with it too but I'm definitely going to need to mod it up first before that can happen. IMO the taillights and rear end is too big therefore will be hard to match some wheels to it without some staggered look. The reliability and the features are great though. S mode is a pretty fun drive. Nothing crazy nice especially because I still drive my FRS which really feels good, but the low end torque is noticeable despite having a CVT.

I believe they said it's a td03 size turbo. .and I thought my td05 turbo on my hx turbo was small.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice pickup. I'm thinking about getting an SI but still holding out maybe for the Type R

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Any word on what's inside the block, Forged internals maybe? Would be dope if the block was ready for 500hp stock, hopefully they end up making a manual version some day.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice pickup. I'm thinking about getting an SI but still holding out maybe for the Type R
I'd hold out too. The Si might be worthy. As for internals..I think it may be able to handle a little more power but then again it's only a 1.5 liter and I think I read somewhere the cylinder walls are thin. Not to mention the CVT probably won't be able to handle power over 200.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm sure someone will figure out how to mount a manual k series randy or something, who knows maybe honda will make a manual version later. I did read that the rods are 1 piece forged but can't remember if the pistons are forged but it said they were cupped or something. What's the engine # in your car, I just keep finding 1.5l and 2.0l not the engine models?

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
These few minor changes actually make a pretty significant difference for me. I like it and I'm excited to see where you take this.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I like the new Civic's, hate that the EXT only comes in an automatic though. Manumatic, whatever its called now, still an auto. Even with paddle shifters which I never have gotten used too. I just heavily prefer the fun of the stick shift. Yes I also know the auto shifts faster than any human could possibly try.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the new Civic's, hate that the EXT only comes in an automatic though. Manumatic, whatever its called now, still an auto. Even with paddle shifters which I never have gotten used too. I just heavily prefer the fun of the stick shift. Yes I also know the auto shifts faster than any human could possibly try.
The new Civic's are on a CVT transmission so there are really no gears for the transmission to change through. There are also no paddle shifters. There should be a manual 6 speed 1.5 turbo coming out soon though. Putting the car in S does it's job by making it a little more fun to drive.