4-2-1 or 4-1???

BioFreak69

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im going nuts over this, I have no idea which one to get. I heard when you get a 4-2-1 header it gives you more bottom end but takes away from the top end and the same for a 4-1 except you gain top end and lose some bottom end power. Which one do you guys recommend??? This is for a 99 Civic Si.

Thanx

TrickyVic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It depends where you want to be faster. My buddy has 2001 integ type r and he runs a 4-1, his top end is pretty impressive. I would definitely recomend a 4-1 header.

foxone64

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go with the 4-1 homie cuz with the 4-2-1 u only get bottom end plus in a race, its good to have good tq to get going but then where's the top end power to get your car going faster? with 4-1 u get GOOD top end but lose a LITTLE bottom end so that means u do get some bottom end but not as much as top end. i got a gsr and i get good tq off the line and still have the power to gain more speed. plus, your Si is made for both good tq. and peak power for gaining speed. trust us. 4-1

P.S. but your Si wont beat a gsr 8)

99CX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had a 4-1 on my GSR and now I have one on my Civic, 4-2-1 will give you low end power under 4000, so if you are racing, you header will only benifit you for half of first gear, and slightly hinder performance in the high end, where as a 4-1 might slightly hinder performance below 4000, but will create signifigant pull after 4000 all the way to redline, thus being of much more benifit, IMO

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ehy biofreak i can get the dc sports 4-1 header for you car for $290 and no tax at Audio Excellence in bonita...just let me know if you want tha hookup