$40k civic update

todahatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no dont get nitrous and turbo togethr, u gonna blow your block into smithereens.....and y u going turbo? a man respect an all engine car, cuz nowadays ppl dont respect ppl with turbo n e more......try supercharging it, its less money and less maintenance.....cuz turbo has alota s**t to go with it besides the turbo kit, trust me

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by todahatch
a man respect an all engine car, cuz nowadays ppl dont respect ppl with turbo n e more......try supercharging it, its less money and less maintenance.....cuz turbo has alota s**t to go with it besides the turbo kit, trust me

SCing or Turboing... BOTH ARE FORCED INDUCTION... how can you give respect on one over the other?? true one is less maintainence than the other, but none the less, they are both FI

and yeah NA is more respectable and tight as f**k... i planned on going NA... but you gotta realize not everyone is a rich muther f**ker, NA is expensive as hell, and dont try to say the s**t is cheap either, because you can easily double the price on an NA setup compared to a turbo setup.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not to mention its almost impossible to get the kind of hp from n/a that a simple turbo kit can get. im poor and im cheap, and theres no way im not gonna reach my goals without boost. have fun with your respect, ill take my money and my speed, thanks.

spooooooek

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by JDMdOHCvTECrACER
Hahahahahhahaa turbo with sum headers and a intake :retard: When you install a turbo there are no headers there is a turbo manifold.Do you even knoe how big you want your turbo?StarHusky I say you do sum research on turbo applications and stop watchin 2Fast2Furious you damn noob:slap:
Werd!!!:evil:

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Civicman86
audio is easy and a waste of money. Go for speed, its much more fun!
while it may be a waste of money, it is by no means a waste of time. I commute 80 f**kin miles every day, so id rather have some beat then extensive engine mods which i cant even use while im chillin in traffic

ill work on the motor side of things once im out of college or if this one blows up.

CFactor

Why am I such a pimp?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by StarHusky
Here is a list of possible things im doing on the civic, mind you this is 4 years from now.
2000 Civic ex automatic. doing a b18c1 engine swap thats modified for Turbo use, AEM cold air intake, Apexi GT spec exhaust, Apexi GT headers, some kind of air suspension (just cuz ;)), GReedy Oil Cooler, Comptech Fuel pressor regulator and Fuel pump. im also gonna havea Boost Controllor, Turbo charger (tho i need to know what type i need for this engine.) and performance brakes. all NON performance thigs will likely include a body kit, new spoiler, "extra lighting", and of course a bettter sound system and in dash TV with Playstation 2 for games and DVDs while waiting for my Girlfriend. any opinions and ideas are appreciated. i also need to know of any important things i have to do with all those mods. besides get mad insuranc.e :P
Dont get a b18c1 just get a b16a2 for a lower price and turbo that. And let me go ahead and tell you do not set goals on your car 4 years into the future. 20 bucks says its goign to get wrecked or somethign else and screw your plans - I would know. Take it one step at a time.

CFactor

Why am I such a pimp?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Melt
while it may be a waste of money, it is by no means a waste of time. I commute 80 f**kin miles every day, so id rather have some beat then extensive engine mods which i cant even use while im chillin in traffic

ill work on the motor side of things once im out of college or if this one blows up.
I hear that. I did my system before I even started modding my car.

Mahlmann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahaha, what a poser, know your stuff first man, where are you going to get this money? if you have 40 grand to dump into a civic u might as well buy a luxury car already w/ a turbo charger and all that good s**t...

CFactor

Why am I such a pimp?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Mahlmann
hahaha, what a poser, know your stuff first man, where are you going to get this money? if you have 40 grand to dump into a civic u might as well buy a luxury car already w/ a turbo charger and all that good s**t...
Yeah if you have 40 grand sell the civic and then get an STI and have money left over to mod it like hell

POWEREDbyVTEC

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just thought id say, turbo motors can also handle nitrus, if you build the engine right

Eg_Project

HiGH TiLL i DiE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by CFactor
Yeah if you have 40 grand sell the civic and then get an STI and have money left over to mod it like hell

:werd: