$40k civic update

StarHusky

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here is a list of possible things im doing on the civic, mind you this is 4 years from now.
2000 Civic ex automatic. doing a b18c1 engine swap thats modified for Turbo use, AEM cold air intake, Apexi GT spec exhaust, Apexi GT headers, some kind of air suspension (just cuz ;)), GReedy Oil Cooler, Comptech Fuel pressor regulator and Fuel pump. im also gonna havea Boost Controllor, Turbo charger (tho i need to know what type i need for this engine.) and performance brakes. all NON performance thigs will likely include a body kit, new spoiler, "extra lighting", and of course a bettter sound system and in dash TV with Playstation 2 for games and DVDs while waiting for my Girlfriend. any opinions and ideas are appreciated. i also need to know of any important things i have to do with all those mods. besides get mad insuranc.e :P

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
all that is going to cost you 40 grand?

StarHusky

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also i might decide to do nitrous instead of Turbo. but quick question, can they be used together reasonably safely if you modify the engine enough?

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:smileyR:

so you're going to use a cold air intake and a header with a turbo setup.......? that should be interesting........ try doing some research first...........

StarHusky

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats why i'm asking you guys who know this stuff. you're my research. ;P

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbo rotary with headers and pistons pwnZ j00 all!

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
do your own research n00b. there have to be a hundred things wrong with your goals there, and i, nor anyone else is going to research everything for you.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Team 4R"

so you're going to use a cold air intake and a header with a turbo setup.......? that should be interesting........ try doing some research first...........
:werd: but heres a little bit...turbo kits come with a special exhaust manifold, hence, no use for headers. and turbos also have an intercooler kit, which would also make your intake unnecessary

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nitrous with a turbo system is great, but only if you have an engine that won't blow itself to pieces. The nitrous cools the intake charge dramatically, acting as a second intercooler. This will give you a larger gain in hp than what you would have expected.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I still think that throwing $40k into a civic is a waste of time and money.

SuperBlue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Rice4Brains"

Team 4R said:

:werd: but heres a little bit...turbo kits come with a special exhaust manifold, hence, no use for headers. and turbos also have an intercooler kit, which would also make your intake unnecessary
Sorry to step on your toes but not all Turbos come with and Intercooler, it is most of the time an option. You can have a intake with a turbo, where would the filter sit if you didn't? Unless you are going to drag it and you don't mind a little dirt and s**t in the motor.

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "SuperBlue"

You can have a intake with a turbo, where would the filter sit if you didn't?
half of the turbo unit is the intake...... you can put a filter on the compressor side if you like, but that's as close to an intake as you're going to get....... the standard pipe and filter are replaced by the turbo's charge pipe

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "SuperBlue"

Rice4Brains said:
Team 4R said:

Sorry to step on your toes but not all Turbos come with and Intercooler, it is most of the time an option. You can have a intake with a turbo, where would the filter sit if you didn't? Unless you are going to drag it and you don't mind a little dirt and in the motor.
not running an i/c on a turbo is a really great idea :roll: someone doesnt know about heat. the only turbo kit i know of that doesnt come with an intercooler is the greddy, and most people buy one, cus it is not safe to run a turbo w/o and ic.

JDMdOHCvTECrACER

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hahahahahhahaa turbo with sum headers and a intake :retard: When you install a turbo there are no headers there is a turbo manifold.Do you even knoe how big you want your turbo?StarHusky I say you do sum research on turbo applications and stop watchin 2Fast2Furious you damn noob:slap:

panuwat

Lost Honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this guy's been flamed ever since he boasted he's getting $40k for a civic... that's pretty rough... eh, mama's boys =)

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by JDMdOHCvTECrACER
Hahahahahhahaa turbo with sum headers and a intake :retard: When you install a turbo there are no headers there is a turbo manifold.Do you even knoe how big you want your turbo?StarHusky I say you do sum research on turbo applications and stop watchin 2Fast2Furious you damn noob:slap:
oh yea you have a lot to talk about, your just a fountain of knowelge:roll:

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha yeah this guy is not very smart, that will be awesome with all his nice ideas turbo, header(HAHA), NAWWWZZZZZz, and then all that sitting on a nice little air suspenison package, that will be very nice, good work HAHAHAHA, and yeah the one thing i agree with him on his the nos/turbo, becuase nos eliminates most if not all turbo lag, if set up properly....but yeah a turob with no intercooler???? do ya know what heat does to a motor??? thats why they sell "COLD AIR" intakes, see the colder hte air the more hp =).....there i did you some research, now think before ya post again