$40K in a civic?

StarHusky

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey all. I'm new to this board. i'm the proud owner of an unfortunatly non-vtec 2000 ex. the thing is in a few years i'm going to come into about 40 grand. now with 40 grand i know i can do a lot to a civic. and i dont know all that much about cars besides changing oil and rotating tires. but i'm looking for maybe a guide to show me the stuff i could do for that kind of money. i'm hoping to get bag just for sheer fun value, and deffinatly swapping out the engine (mine's pathetic. and should never have touched that car.) but i'm looking to get the best possible performance out of her along with little goodies such as the bags and maybe a playstation2 to keep the passangers quiet while i play kamakazi ;) anyways thanks in advance! and if anyone knows where the houston import meet that used to be at barnes and noble is now, please for the love of god tell me. im missing all the eye candy.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1. how do you have a non-vtec 2000 ex. the 2000 ex came with a d16y8...which is vtec. dont be fooled just because it doesnt say vtec on the valve cover

2. sell your civic, and get something better once you get that 40k

StarHusky

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm not selling the civic. i've been through too much with the car. and i was told that the white civec ex didnt come with vtec. Hmm. i didnt know it could be a vtec without saying so. anyways. i gotta run. NOT SELLING CIVIC. ;)

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, as far as checking if you got vtec or not...look at the engine for the engine code. d16y8 is vtec, and your ex should have one

since you dont want to sell the civic. just get a new car then, 40k is plenty, grab yourself an STi or Evo or something

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you won't sell the civic then don't spend the money. Spending 40k on a civic is just stupid. Just save the money for something else, maybe a down payment on a house.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:wstupid: 40k can be used for so many better things than a civic. but hey, if you like won the lottery and have 20 mil, and decided to spend 40k on a civic...then go for it

but if you are gonna put ALL that money into the civic...go all show or all go. make an award winning drag car, or show up on the cover of some import mag

StarHusky

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hehe thanks for the concern guys. but its not realy my money. parents are rich and sending me to college for a grad presant they're getting me a new car. but im in love with my civic. got it brand new and been through alot with it. by the time i get done there wont be 40 grand as we are gonna put a v6 to replace our S10's 4 banger, a lift kit etc. i just want to have one bad ass civic but have no idea where to start. i dont want a new car. but who knows. in 4 years i might change my mind. and i hate the evos as the whole 2nd movie was one big mitzu commercial. i also dont like the looks but thats just my opinion. and driving something that you dont like the looks of kinda defeats the point. i've been reading and have an idea of what i want.. i just need some ideas of what i could do that would make it realy bad ass. i dont like ricing to much as body kits and spoilers dont do jacvk until you have the power to actualy need to keep your car on the ground. and the import mag? who knows. maybe i'd get the cover as "the guy mad enough to put 40k into a civic." hehe. my friend just got a z06 and its nice.. but too big and beefy for my tastes. of all the cars i've driven this civic is by far the most fun i've had driving. even though my mom's lincoln can beat it as it is right now. oh well, more research to do. please guys give me some ideas. ;)

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
swap that engine out...sohc's sucks...trust me, i know

oh, and not to say that 40k into a civic isnt extreme...but apline and wings west put $250,000 into a 7th gen Si. it was center seated and all crazy...bone stock engine

StarHusky

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$250,000? damn. thats definatly not something to go to work in every day.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, thats what happens when 2 huge companies wanna spend money on 1 car. its definitely not something to drive, they filed the tank once in its life...and theyre never gonna have to fill it again...damn waste of a k engine

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
WTF!!!! CAN I VOTE FOR THAT CAR FOR ROTM!!!!????

StarHusky

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like some strange alien space craft from the Abyss. BAD ASS! hehe

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ummm......... should i comment? justin? daniel? i think i'd better not............. :lol:

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Team 4R"

ummm......... should i comment? justin? daniel? i think i'd better not............. :lol:
do it do it ... :lol:

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How can you say that you're civic is more fun that a Z06? I'm sorry, but i absolutely LOVE driving my dad's c5 vette whenever i get the chance (which almost never happens :cussing: ), and i'm sure that a z06 would just be that much better.
The Z06 has some of the most comfortable seats, wonderful handling, 400+ horsepower, heads up display, and a car that just looks f**king amazing. I would go for a z06 over my mustang any day, i can't believe that you wouldn't give up a civic for a z06 :roll:

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
honda drivers forever........ :thumbs up:

or whenever someone gives me a mini :-)