4th Gear Laggy ??

LiLCivicSpEc

LoNe RaCeR #1
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 00' Civic Sedan VP D16y7 with typical mods intake, headers, and with a 2.5 exhaust pipin with a Tenzo type 2 Muffler. Well anyways every time i full throttle it, it's like all fast when shiftin gears 1-3 but like when it hits 4th gear ( oh yeah it's a automatic ) it's all like laggy or slow like lost of hp for some odd reason. Is it because the auto trans or somthin??? and i was thinkin if i get AEM 's cam gear or any cam gear and power pulley's well help my 4th gear be no more laggy or gotta fix the tranny?? any help would be appreciated

g4hatchie

the slammed SOHC
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's an overdrive gear, d00d. auto trannies own you when you're going for speed. :roll: (unless you have a nice turbo setup that works well with the auto)

PLUS...the d16y7 isnt exactly a super fast motor...especially when it's paired with an auto...especially when you're in a heavy a$$ sedan...especially when you dont really have any super power adding mods

a cam gear is not going to make your auto d16y7 pull harder in overdrive....:roll:

BadAssLil96EK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
g4 is right, unfortunately it looks like you have dropped a lot of money into useless mods to that engine. with the money you have spent thus far on those parts and the money you would spend on a cam and cam gear you could have enough money to have swapped in at least a d16y8 and have maybe even done a cheap homemade turbo setup. keep that in mind and check out http://www.homemadeturbo.com

marco9394

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's all about the D16y7
I own a 96" DX and I've put a SRI and N1 muffler
Unfortunately it affects the first 3 gears only
that's pretty much of a 106hp engine..............

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Underdrive Pully's would help you out some. Cam gears are intended for tuning purposes...not making more power. If you want any real power you are going to need to swap or build a turbo D. The D16Y7 would be a good motor for boost....as far as D series goes.