4th gen b18b swap question

lscivicef

5+ Year Member
hi guys im new to posting so please bare with me. i have a 91 dx hatch, and i am putting a b18b in it with a cable tranny, now the problem is i had bought a motor mount kit(some no name brand off ebay) and the back tranny mount is not lining up with the rear mount is about a whole other motor mount length away when the other two mounts are hooked up, im stuck and dont know what to do. so if anyone has ran into this problem before help would be appreciated. the kit was sapposed to be direct bolt in for any b-series. thank you for your time..

hardcordior

Racing
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OK LEMME GET THIS OUT OF THE WAY FIRST.

You get what you pay for. ok now to the tech section.

Try removing the left motor mount (driversside) and lining it up that way. back one first, if that doesnt work i owuld just take it to a machine shop and have them vcut the old mount and reweld it in

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Most of the time if you can't get it to line up and its not because the mounts suck its because you have to install the passengers side mounts first, then the rear mount, then the drivers side. I could never get anything other than stock maleable rubber mounts to do that, poly mounts don't have enough play in them.

Kurtis

TIRE KING !!!
5+ Year Member
I am using a cheap mount kit myself I scored for 60 bucks and its fine. I also installed my motor first without the tranny believe it or not and then I did the rear mount and the trans mount. Do you have the L bracker mount from a integra ? It doesnt come in any kit ive seen and is a must have

lscivicef

5+ Year Member
ok thanks guys but i figured it out i needed a 90-91 rear engine bracket i had a 94 ls bracket and a 97 itr bracket that were slightly different then the 90-91 bracket. now that i have that the motor is in, and it looks absolutly beautiful, now all im waiting on is a obd 0 distributer for my 94 ls motor, that will complete my swap =)

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds good, have fun