4th gen clutchs

twistsNturns

5+ Year Member
alrgiht not knowing anything about the 4th gen i've turned to you guys. a buddy of mine has an 89 SI and wnats to toss a new clutch in it. we were looking at a stage 2 clutch for it. i was told that the DX and SI trans. both use the same clutch. what i'm asking is if this is true. we are having a bit of trouble finding a stage 2 clutch for his SI but we have found a ton of DX ones. so if anyone could clear that up for me that would be great.

Thanks,
Joey D

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
look on www.nopi.com , they shoud have more then enough of clutch's for each model, and if you can't find what your looking for just call them and they can help.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
make sure you get it for a 89-91, the 88 trans input shaft has 21 splines, whereas the 89-91 have 20.

you also have to find out what size flywheel you have, i think there are 2 sizes, 200mm, and 212mm.
and make sure you get a Sprung Hub friction disk, the solid hub ones are FOR RACE ONLY, and when they say that, they mean it.

Links:
http://www.importperformance.com/act/honda.html#Civic

Click here

rickles8099

Faster than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
as long as you order a clutch for 89-91 you should be ok since you own a 89... like green said, 88 has a different disc size than than the other years. also i would recommend going with either a clutchnet clutch or a centerforce dual friction clutch. both clutches go for around $235 - $250 depending on which one you choose and where you buy it.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or you can PM Jay Jay, he might beable to get it a little cheaper.