4th Gen fiberglass install

ProjectEFHatch

5+ Year Member
Well I have some experience with fiberglass from doing custom body work and I decided to give audio a try. No where near done just posting what I have done so far. The speakers are 12" Kicker CompVRs dual 4 ohm and the amp is a MMATs D300HC (1748wrms @ 2ohm). I have four kicker comps but I decided to just do two for right now.

After I get the box done I'll be doing custom kicks in the stock door locations.

mercuryrising

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice!.

doing an amp rack?

michigan_soler

King of Mid-west
5+ Year Member
wow, looks alil bit of air space for (2) 12's. but still looks good, got pics of the process or anything of that sort?

ProjectEFHatch

5+ Year Member
michigan_soler said:
wow, looks alil bit of air space for (2) 12's. but still looks good, got pics of the process or anything of that sort?
There isn't as much air space as it looks in the pictures. I'll measure it when I get it done to see but I estimate around 3ft^3.

I didn't really take any pictures of the process but I used MDF rings, MDF base and then threaded metal dowel rods to hold the trim rings and give the box extra strength.

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats going to be a lot more that 3 cubic feet. I would shoot at about 5

ProjectEFHatch

5+ Year Member
snoopy316 said:
thats going to be a lot more that 3 cubic feet. I would shoot at about 5
My box for four 12's in my s10 is almost 5ft^3 and this box is no where near the size of the box in my truck.

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you do the math on that thing and I bet you arer in the 4-5 cubic ft range

ProjectEFHatch

5+ Year Member
snoopy316 said:
you do the math on that thing and I bet you arer in the 4-5 cubic ft range

Oh well I guess I'll see after I get it finished. It could be close to 4ft^3 but even then its not a problem.