5.0 1999 honda civic hatch

rashan

EX Beats me easy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You buys will probably laugh at me and ridicule me, but please be serious in your responses.

I have a '99 civic hatch and i also own a beat up '89 ford bronco with 302 ci 5.0 engine (same engine as 5.0 'stang but diff oil pan)

I was wondering... is there anyway in hell to put the 5.0 in my civic? I know it negates our whole philosophy on 4cyl's whoopin on 8cyls, but a 5.0 civic would be freaking insane...

-rashan

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I highly doubt you could get the thing to fit. I guess anything is possible with enough money, time, and effort.

There is a focus out there with a DOHC supercharged 4.6 motor (which is actually larger than a 5.0, sizewise).

I can't imagine it would be fun to drive though. It would be majorly front heavy.

My last point: look how much trouble it is to drop an H22 in a civic, a 5.0 would be much much harder, plus having to figure out how to mount the tranny, and making the thing rear wheel drive.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
possible, yes. in any way financially possible, no. the whole car wouldhave to be custom built. probably be tube frame, the whole deal. i know that theres a few focus's with mustang cobra drivetrains and independent rear suspensions, but that conversion is abour 60 grand. and thats the cheapest ive ever seen.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes, it is possible but why?

That 4.9l (302 ci = 4.9l, 5.0 was just a Ford marketing tool to avoid confusion with the inline 6 cyl 300ci) only makes about 215 hp. Ok, it has a lot of torque...but not worth doing.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
better put your flame suit on cause get ready for some flaming, not just me, i know a lot of people will.

someone should slap you for posting this thread. a honda doesnt need a v8 to beat v8, most hondas that are fix up right, that little 4 cylinder can easily beat the big v8. wanting to put a domestic v8 in a import shows that you have NO LOVE OR FATE in import cars and i think you been watching that moster garage one too many times. for you to be able put a big v8 you would have to construct a whole new car from fram up. and if even ever or even gets done, it wouldnt even be considered as a honda because frame, rear wheel drivetrain or any mechanical part will even be honda at all. so putting a 5.0 domestic in a import is not insane, its just stupid

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i think a 5.0 MR civic would be pretty insane

rashan

EX Beats me easy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
flame suits?

just seeing if it were possible, considering i OWN a 5.0 and a hatch....

and my d16y7 just threw a rod and i dont have enough money to get a real motor yet :(

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it would handle like s**t....and Im sure you could do it if you had enough money..you would have to convert your civic to RWD...but if you try it, post pictures

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rashan said:
just seeing if it were possible, considering i OWN a 5.0 and a hatch....

and my d16y7 just threw a rod and i dont have enough money to get a real motor yet :(
if you can't afford a 600 motor (d16y8 ) there is NO WAY you will be able to fit a 5.0

rashan

EX Beats me easy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol thats what i figured...

the real plan for my hatch is as follows:

b20 crv block
b16 integra head (vtec of course)
hondata
some kinda turbo (24.4 psi boost, our atmospheric pressure here is 12.2)
MAYBE.. BIG MAYBE SOME YEAR 100 shot nitrous on a progressive controller
Type R cams
full 2.5 " exhaust
6 spd standard trans
and various aem parts (gears pully's) etc

and down the road crv or civic wagon AWD system conversion

any thoughts?

h22a4civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea its possible, they have a ford tarus HO motor in a 99 civic, in shreveport louisiana!!!!!!!!!!!

rashan

EX Beats me easy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
black89crxls said:
yea its possible, they have a ford tarus HO motor in a 99 civic, in shreveport louisiana!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL! Got pics?

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
rashan said:
lol thats what i figured...

the real plan for my hatch is as follows:

b20 crv block
b16 integra head (vtec of course)
hondata
some kinda turbo (24.4 psi boost, our atmospheric pressure here is 12.2)
MAYBE.. BIG MAYBE SOME YEAR 100 shot nitrous on a progressive controller
Type R cams
full 2.5 " exhaust
6 spd standard trans
and various aem parts (gears pully's) etc

and down the road crv or civic wagon AWD system conversion

any thoughts?
u mean b18

codyj86

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
Yes, it is possible but why?

That 4.9l (302 ci = 4.9l, 5.0 was just a Ford marketing tool to avoid confusion with the inline 6 cyl 300ci) only makes about 215 hp. Ok, it has a lot of torque...but not worth doing.
^^ ya... a s**t load of torque. i have the 4.9 I6 in my truck. 1 word, wow. it sucks for hp tho.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok kid how many threads you gonna post your idiotic ramblings in.

jeffk182

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If i ever had the money, i would wanna make an EG hatch run off an S2000 motor, but that would be onnnnne hefty penny.

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally Posted by anekin007
that little 4 cylinder can easily beat the big v8.
Not easily but with some work depending on which engine you choose it can
;)

rashan

EX Beats me easy
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jeffk182 said:
If i ever had the money, i would wanna make an EG hatch run off an S2000 motor, but that would be onnnnne hefty penny.
that would kick ass imho

as for my "ramblings" till a moderator tells me to STFU