5 Lug conversion on '00 sedan

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is it possible to do a 5 lug conversion on a 2000 Sedan LX? I saw in the latest modified mag that a guy had one done to his 96 (cant remember if its 96 or 98) hatch. Id think itd be done the same way on my 2000 LX. I think he got the 5 lug parts off a Teggy LS or something. Any info is appreciated. Thanx

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes...aslong as you have the $$$$ its gonna run u around 1k...or more....

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
use the money on something else, unless you got some sweet 5 lug rims pending.. like DC5-R rims =) other than that, you don't need it, hell.. you can even run on 3 lugs for a long time.. lol

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I agree with Zeus, its pointless...just jdm rice IMO

vsmsedan

nooblet
5+ Year Member
Partizan said:
I agree with Zeus, its pointless...just jdm rice IMO
there's actually more to it than that.

ITR 5-lug swaps utilize 36mm axles, versus the stock 32mm. this also means that the axles are able to withstand higher amounts of power, since being designed to hold up to the 190+ hp of the integra type-r.

you also get bigger brakes all around, aside from the rear disc conversion that it also obviously comes with.

but to answer your question, yes; it's possible to do a 5lug swap on your 4door.

weksos

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes, ...but im not sure how you get 5 lug conversions off an Integra LS :P

You'll need the front knuckles, discs, rotors, calipers....rear discs, rotors, trailing arms. You'll need to keep your rear control arms as the DC2 setup is shorter. You may also want to look into upgrading your brake master cylinder and booster to a GSR or ITR 1 inch setup and the correct proportioning valve. Otherwise, you'll have a slushy and probably dangerous pedal pressure.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanx for the info guys. Its something I think I might want to do down the road. Alot of the rims I find that I like, are all 5 lug, so thats why I asked. I didnt realize it'd be so expensive, but thats ok. Ive never seen a Civic with 5 lugs before, so I wanted to look into it. Yea....the Integra LS...dont ask. I knew it was some kind of car like that. ITR, CTR, or something. Lol.