50 shot on a single cam?

civicex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a 96 civic ex, sohc vtec. i have aem cai,dc sport header, full greddy catback exhaust, plug and wires, fuel pressure regulator. can i run a zex kit safely on my engine, it has 84k miles. its also a daily driver.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yes you can, as long as you dont abuse it. if you are sprayin constantly, you will endanger your motor if you dont dyno tune it and get a better fuel management system.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "civicex"

i have a 96 civic ex, sohc vtec. i have aem cai,dc sport header, full greddy catback exhaust, plug and wires, fuel pressure regulator. can i run a zex kit safely on my engine, it has 84k miles. its also a daily driver.
sweet! this guy has plugs and wires!!!

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i hope this guy knows that the 1500+ bucks he spent on all that stuff probably gained him 5-10 hp, and the plugs, wires, and fuel pressure regulator do absolutely nothing for hp.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
arent plugs and wire more for mpg and throttle response? i dont know, thats the bull s**t info we give people and autozone and i dont really know

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yup, plugs and wires help give your motor a better, more complete spark...... ergo, better fuel economy and throttle response

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
see...i know a couple things here and there

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Rice4Brains"

arent plugs and wire more for mpg and throttle response? i dont know, thats the bull info we give people and autozone and i dont really know
that works only if the stock plugs and wires are failing. the stock honda ignition system is more than powerful enough to ignite the mixture in the cylinders. eric aguilar's 10 second naturally aspirated drag civic runs a stock honda igntion system. if the stock pieces are in good working order, putting plugs, wires, blaster caps, etc do absolutely nothing. all they do is ignite the mix. if they do that, they are doing their job. if your running into issues with the stock system not igniting the mix properly, like in a high compression or high boost engine, then having the upgraded ignition is needed, because you need the more powerful spark to ignite all the extra fuel and air. the only time ignition could get you more hp would be if you cranked up the ignition timing up to beyond where the stock system could work correctly. but this is dangerous and stupid, and you dont get much hp out of it.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Rice4Brains"

arent plugs and wire more for mpg and throttle response? i dont know, thats the bull info we give people and autozone and i dont really know
that works only if the stock plugs and wires are failing. the stock honda ignition system is more than powerful enough to ignite the mixture in the cylinders. eric aguilar's 10 second naturally aspirated drag civic runs a stock honda igntion system. if the stock pieces are in good working order, putting plugs, wires, blaster caps, etc do absolutely nothing. all they do is ignite the mix. if they do that, they are doing their job. if your running into issues with the stock system not igniting the mix properly, like in a high compression or high boost engine, then having the upgraded ignition is needed, because you need the more powerful spark to ignite all the extra fuel and air. the only time ignition could get you more hp would be if you cranked up the ignition timing up to beyond where the stock system could work correctly. but this is dangerous and stupid, and you dont get much hp out of it.

weaponrc

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U MIGHT WANNA USE SOME COLDER BURNING PLUS, AND MAKE SURE UR MOTOR IS ON TIME OR MAYBE 0-2 DEGREES RETARDED. IF THE KIT U ARE GOING TO USE IS A DRY KIT MAKE SURE U BUMP THE PRESSURE ON UR FUEL PRESSURE REG UP SO IT HAS MORE THAN ENOUGH FUEL AND DOESNT LEAN OUT.