500whp budget build (need help)

Boost hunter

Hello all,
I’m going to start off by saying I’m new to forums so I apologize in advance if anything I ask has already been touched on. Moving forward, I’ve never done a build aside from basic bolt on stuff (I.e. exhaust, intake, etc) and I’m wanting to build a boosted civic for as cheap as I can get away with. I plan on doing most if not all of the work myself and learn as I go. What would a budget 500whp turbo build cost at minimum? What engine is optimal to work with to keep things on the cheaper side yet offer minimal issues? Any recommendations for parts (rods, pistons, sleeves, etc.)? What turbo would be recommended for Colorado Altitude to achieve 500whp? Thanks in advance for the help

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Define budget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You really need to have a realistic dollar amount in mind as for budget.
You can build something super cheap, but 500 whp isn't going to be cheap if you want it to be reliable and last long.
There is no point in wasting money and cutting corners to cheap out on some things.

Jailbird

Which platform are you using? I'd assume either a D-series or a B-series. The latter would be more logical. The B16a2 has phenomenal rod ratio. That's something to consider. Oh, and a guy in super street magazine boosted a mostly stock b16 and hit 500+ HP with almost 25psi of boost. Look into that.