5th Gen Info & Specs

knotapunk

5+ Year Member
my '93 DX hatch has no A/C, or a passenger side mirror. people look at me like I'm crazy cause they think I modded it to be like that...but I look at them and say "would you not like to be able to see what's coming on the right side? ya? well me too, jackass!"...and they get scared and walk away. good times.

Jas0n

What's up dogz!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
The maximum engine speeds should be as follows:

7200 - Si, EX
6800 - DX, LX
6000 - CX, VX
do you know what's the redline for a B7/Z6 mini me (dx block with si head) ?

93EXVTEC

5+ Year Member
i have a 93 ex, but it's canadian and it doesn't seem to have the things that the ex you listed had. i'm just wondering are they somehow different?

mikeysalive

5+ Year Member
according to my parts suppliers, my cx 1.5 does not have a EGR valve like the emmissions tester tried to tell me.And I'm thankful cause the egr costs 482. canadian. Only the vx has the egr valve.

abs0Lut

Rockin' in the free world
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Any Specs on how big all the speakers are in an EX Coupe?

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
holy year old thread batman......google is your friend. or even the little search button at the top of the page. this has been asked millions of times.

abs0Lut

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
all i get is a bunch of people disagreeing on how big their speakers are, who the f**k cares if this thread is a year old, its a spec page...

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
questions that could not be answered with a 10 second Google search is one thing. but you would have found this information much quicker just by typing in "what size are 95 civic speakers". basically its a waist of your own time more then anything. in the time it took for someone to respond you could have found out the size, bought them, and installed them. its just quicker to use Google on things like this.

abs0Lut

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
fortunately I am out of town with my car about 750kms away and had plenty of time to wait for a straight forward answer. i was just getting frustrated with "well in my civic I couldn;t get 6.5s in so i put 5.5s in" and "I can fit 6.5 easily in the rear but not the doors" and "my speakers wouldnt fit with the mounting plate."

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i'm board so i will do this for you. only time though.

coupe
6 1/2 in the front and 5 1/4 in the rear

sedan
6 1/2 in the front and 6 1/2 in the rear

hatchback
6 1/2 in the front and 5 1/4 in the rear.

all of this information can be found on www.crutchfield.com

spoon egg

Teeth Doctor
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hahaha i didnt realize how weak m stock engine was. 70bhp!! HAHAHAHAHA

calltrex

5+ Year Member
my 95 cx is a 16 valve and no dual mirrors.

same

i have the 16valve D15B7 block

i asume i have the 102hp engine.

but stock cx supposedly only suppose to be the 8valve 70hp

so i wasnt sure if my engine has been changed before. doesnt look like any mods have been done.

Xvys

5+ Year Member
I should mention some model differences in Canada, in case you ever wanted to race a 92-95 CX you should know it comes with the 102-hp 16V engine. The pokey 70-hp CX engine was never sold in Canada.

1992-95 Canada

CX Hatch - 102 HP - mechanically identical to DX
VX Hatch - 92 HP vtec-e
DX Hatch - 102 HP - DX 5-spd came with power steering
Si Hatch - 125 HP - (1992-93 only)

DX Coupe - 102 HP - 1993-95
Si Coupe - 125 HP - 1993-95

DX Sedan - 102 HP
LX Sedan - 102 HP
EX Sedan - 102 HP - No sunroof, 1.5L engine
EX-V Sedan - 125 HP - Sunroof - (1992 model only)

It is good to know the engine sizes of each model, as I notice many "too small" mufflers/tailpipes being installed on Canadian CX's (maybe repair shops are using U.S. catalogs?) and "too big" mufflers on Canadian EX's, which have the 102-HP 1.5L engine. EX-V was a one year model (92) with the Si running gear and sunroof, but it was perhaps too expensive and nudging into Accord territory. So the 125-HP Vtec engine was not available in a Civic sedan from 93-95 (unless you bought the Acura EL 1.6, which was essentially a U.S. EX, but with an Acura front clip, leather seats, etc.)

Last edited:

19ef90

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn, nice write up man!
alot of good useful info.
i think this should be a sticky. =)