5th gen ride height?

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does ne1 have a list of the stock ride height for a 5th gen ex? or a list of all the ride heights for all the models and years

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
good luck finding your list. why are you wondering?

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bc i think that the previous owner might have lowered it just a bit...

thats what one of by buddies was sayin

i also think it could be lowered a bit bc it scrapes the front end all the time, like on curbs and where a steep incline meets flat road

i'll prolly take a ruler and measure one of the civics in the parking lot at school

bhacker9

ebp si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My car scrapes to and its at stock height but still sits kinda low

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does it do it on curbs at parking places?

and what model and year is it... mines a 93 ex

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i just dropped mine 2" and i scrape on EVERYTHING. dont hit the curbs and you'll be fine :D

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my hatchback is SLAMMED real low, and i hardly scrape on anything at all...i mean its seriously close to a 3" drop

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
^^^^ how's about we swap motors then you REALLY wont scrape anywhere :D

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i prolly scape partly bc i live in the boonies and there are potholes, ditches, and hills galore

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm dropped 1.5 inch with 205/40ZR17s on my 95 EX coupe and that fills the wheelwell great since I have that much wheel, I haven't scraped it yet, but then again I've only had the stuff in for 2 days now

bhacker9

ebp si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its a 94 dx and it just depends on the curb. if i'm pulling into somewhere i usually take it one tire at a time at an angle. it takes practice to get it right. im looking to lower mine about 1.6 with some eibachs, but i have seen lower cars than that take curbs with no problems....just my two cents worth

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i dont really have a problem with curbs, i'm rollin on 205/45/16's with a 2" drop front and rear.. my problem is i havent rolled my fenders and i cant turn my wheel completely without scraping my tire on the fenders.

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pop-n-fresh said:
i dont really have a problem with curbs, i'm rollin on 205/45/16's with a 2" drop front and rear.. my problem is i havent rolled my fenders and i cant turn my wheel completely without scraping my tire on the fenders.
that sure makes me glad I only went with a 1.5 inch drop with my 17s, I was thinking of a 2 inch drop at first

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civicracer_x said:
i prolly scape partly bc i live in the boonies and there are potholes, ditches, and hills galore
sounds about right, if that's your car in your signature, it doesn't look lowered at all to me

Madcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would like to know also Where i can get the stock height of my car a 92 SI

big_dan

the hippy tuner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what i think it is is since the previous owners had rebuilt it they possibly had put springs in the front that were a hair lower thanthe factory, but its prolly the big ass ditches they call curbs around here

ej1civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my civic used to be slammed plus the coilover rides to rough the springs was stiff hitting pot hole was lyke hittin a curb and i would scrap things on the road u can say i had about 3 inches from the stock lip to the ground..but i just lifted my car up with the tein s tech springs i just got which lowers about 1.8 inch ride smoother