60k service question

ludakrishna420

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So my car is now 60k. 99 civic ex.
so here's the thing i have to do

60000 MILES, 96000 KM, OR 48 MONTHS

1.)Replace air cleaner element (Use normal schedule except in dusty conditions)
2.)Replace spark plugs
3.)Inspect and adjust drive belts
4.)Replace transmission fluid (MT/AT/CVT)
5.)Check parking brake adjustment
6.)Lubricate locks and hinges
7.)Clean antenna mast

I can do all of the work myself and was wondering if i should replace the spark plug wires along with the spark plugs. I tried searching, but everyone just said that stick to the OEM but didn't really mention when they should be changed.

https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_parts_list.php?hp_queried_components=0&hp_series_id=1509&hp_series_model=CIVIC&hp_series_year=1999&hp_series_door_ext_grade=2DR+EX&hp_series_transmission=4AT&hp_series_slsareacd=KA&hp_system=A&hp_component=E++05

what # should i order if i was to change the wires. The picture is somewhat confusing. In my guess it would be 005 only since it covers everything. Correct?

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
actually there is alot more to it than that. the list of things is like twice as long. ill bring home a thing and type it up for ya. as for the wires i would just leave all that alone. unless you really want to change it so you have something new. on my old car as far as i know they were only changed once and that was by me at 110000 miles.

ludakrishna420

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bmyers4321 said:
actually there is alot more to it than that. the list of things is like twice as long. ill bring home a thing and type it up for ya. .
Thanks, that'll be cool. I just copied and pasted that list from the 96-00 civic forum sticky @ the top.

bmyers4321 said:
unless you really want to change it so you have something new. on my old car as far as i know they were only changed once and that was by me at 110000 miles.
aight cool. That saves me about $50.

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
one thing that you should def add to that list is check the brakes. usually they will need new pads and a cut or new rotors depending on the wear pattern. also the schedule does call for a valve adjustment. i asked about it and was told that is only necessary if they are making alot of noise which they shouldnt be with only 60k on the car.

ludakrishna420

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

1 final question. So i was going to fill my tranny today and i have one question. The red circle is the drain plug. And i was wondering if the light blue is the fill. Or do auto tranny's have no fill plug? I know that people say to fill up the auto through the dipstick area, but was wondering if there was an "actual" fill plug so that i can use it as an fluid level indicator.

WiggerMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you fill from the dipstick hole and just use however much honda says for specs, just call a dealer to find out what the spec is, i think its around 2 or 3 quarts