6CYL engine swap

speedemon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey....does anyone know if a 6cyl engine can be put into a 93 civic hatchback? Without too many mods?
Thanks

The Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is no way to do that kind of swap affordably. I don't even know of any companies that make any mounts or parts for a swap like that. I believe HASport.com can make mounts to customer specs but it's not cheap. Basically everything would have to be custom (ie, expensive) to do it.

Since I love to give advice I'll toss in my 2 cents here as well. Why do you want a 6? It'll obviously give you more potential, but it will also have quite a few drawbacks too. First off a 6 would be considerably more heavy than the stock motor so the suspension would have to be reworked to make the car handle decent. Another problem, depending on how you look at it, would be wheelspin. Almost all of the 4 cylinder engines that you can put in are more than able to smoke the tires with a few mods. If it's tons of power you're looking for your 2 best bets would be either an H22 from any late model Prelude or a boosted B18C1. Both of them will make a ton of power for such a small car & won't be nearly as expensive as a V6 swap. The B18 will even keep the handling of the car almost the same as it is now.

Till L8er,
Ken