6th Gen 1.6 into 5th Gen EX Sedan

PeTeS

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyone done anything like this b4? I know it won't bolt right in and will take mods....but i am gettin the 1.6 for free...ah the perks of working at an import wrecking yard :mrgreen:

Any help would be appreciated...thnx

PeTeS

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wait a tick......isn't the 5th gen. EX sedan motor the same as the 6th gen. 1.6?

13hybrid20

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think it will bolt right in and if you work at an import wrecking yard you should know that bro.

PeTeS

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the 5th gen and 6th gen civic motors r different...and i know it won't bolt right it dude...just wondering if anyone had done this b4

PeTeS

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i know the bellhousing is different...which is why i can't use my tranny....and i havent' talked to one person yet who has told me they're the same...have u done this b4 man? or know of someone who has? cuz that would help me out a lot

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no i haven't come accross anyone who has done one of these swaps yet. usually people swap in a better motor than a sohc anyhow if they r gonna be going thru all the trouble of swapping. but u ARE gettin' it for free... can't argue i guess. sorry dude, no info for u. :T

V8EATER

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ITS GONNA B HARD CUZ, UR 5TH GEN IS AN OBD1 92-95 AND THE 6TH GEN IS OB2 96+ SO UNLESS YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE HEADACHE OF WIRING, GO FOR THE SWAP .