6th gen door panels

leon

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hate that damn fur on my door panel. I know I could remove it some crazy way and do vynil or something, but that is to much work. I was looking at the CTR panels which would work except they appear to be grey in all the pictures.. I want them to be black like the OEM ones. Are they grey or is it just the picture? Does anyone know of any retailers who sell black with perhaps leather armrest/handle (like GSR) panels.

-Leon

FANATTIC8228

I do leather interiors, sunroofs, etc for a living. The panels are not all that hard to take off and put vinyl/leather on. You keep the fur on there, just spray some kind of adhesive on the fur and on the back of the vinyl/leather piece. Let them dry a bit (not too dry) and put the vinyl on the door. Cut it, and then tuck it into the gaps around the fur. It's best if you practice with some scrap panel or something, the hardest thing yo do is getting the cut right. To short and you need new piece of vinyl, too long and you'll have to pull it out trim some more and risk the vinyl wrinkling on you. Any questions let me know.