6th Gen Seats (what seats fit your civic)

blarue09

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I, as well as many other civic owners have posted a thread trying to figure out what seats from other cars will swap into an EK. If anyone would like to help me start this ever-so informative thread on what seats will bolt right in to a 6th gen civic (or fit with minor modifications). If you have done a seat swap from another honda, acura, etc, and know it fits, how hard it was to put in, and what the seating position is like compared to stock, then post a reply.

fit perfect

96-00 Civic seats

bolt in fit (may require swapping one or both rail(s))

Del sol seats
94-01 Integra seats
92-95 Civic seats
CRX seats

fit by custom brackets (welding)

91-96 Prelude seats
97-01 Prelude seats
02+ RSX seats
01-05 Civic seats

fit by swapping seat pan & rails

S2000 seats

more info on years that fit as well as some more seats would be appreciated.
also if any information is wrong let me know.

97civic123

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
del sol seats will fit. you just need to change one bracket from each seat. crx seats needed to be welded, as so s2k seats, and o3 si seats.

chunktwo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
soo all 6th gen civic seats bolt right up with no issues including the si?

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea all 6thgen seat rails are the same...

the 5thgen seats will fit by switching the outter rails!

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
nice write up i was lookin to get s2k seats maybe...maybe ill just get racing seats

.blazed_ej8

HiGH TiLL i DiE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have gsr seats in my civic...all of the bolts line up except the back left on the passenger and the back right on the driver...i still have'nt had a chance to drill the holes but with only three bolts its sturdy...they're way lower than the stock ones...

aaren99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
under the "fits by welding" title, 01-05 Civic seats .....does that include Si seats?

blarue09

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i personally dont know the specifics, although according to 97civic123 in his post

"del sol seats will fit. you just need to change one bracket from each seat. crx seats needed to be welded, as so s2k seats, and o3 si seats."

im assuming that all 01-05 front seats bolt in the same. unless they made changes throught that generation of civic. we can figure that out with time as people posts there knowlage on this topic. I just wanted there to be an informative post on this topic so i created one since no one else had.

how do you get it as a "sticky" it would help in getting some more attention to it and helping others out.

ryanM

chunktwo said:
soo all 6th gen civic seats bolt right up with no issues including the si?
yes, but Si seats arent any different than any other 6th gen seat except for a hole in the headrest, and you can just swap headrests if you want it that bad.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
97civic123 said:
del sol seats will fit. you just need to change one bracket from each seat. crx seats needed to be welded, as so s2k seats, and o3 si seats.
I don't know about the others ones... but I know S2000 seats DO NOT have to be welded to fit and I think that goes for CRX seats too. Swap out the seatpans and they fit perfectly (plus they recline properly then too).

I have seen this set up with my own eyes.

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
.blazed_ej8 said:
i have gsr seats in my civic...all of the bolts line up except the back left on the passenger and the back right on the driver...i still have'nt had a chance to drill the holes but with only three bolts its sturdy...they're way lower than the stock ones...
swapping both 94-01 integra rails with stock 96-00 civic rails = perfect fitment.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I don't know about the others ones... but I know S2000 seats DO NOT have to be welded to fit and I think that goes for CRX seats too. Swap out the seatpans and they fit perfectly (plus they recline properly then too).

I have seen this set up with my own eyes.
:werd: you also dont need to weld 01-05 civic seats. theres a write up on honda-tech or azht

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've seen a how-to on installing RSX seats... but it's so ghetto and looks unsafe so I'd prefer not to post it. On top of that it looks horrible.

akdasniper

5+ Year Member
i have prelude seats, i didnt put them in yet. anyone know what exactly i gotta do to make work perfect... they are good seats, next time you see a porsche look at the seats, then compare to 95 lude seats, they are the almost the same, and if i was tolld correctly, both made by recaro...

blarue09

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
some info on prelude seats would be awesome. what will fit? are the seats from the last gen of prelude the same as the second last gen? how can you get them to fit in an EK?

akdasniper

5+ Year Member
i've searched around alot, but cant find any specific info, im just gonna try swappin rails with my stock seats... if ne one knows for sure, please let me know... :!: :!: :!:

hwH22hx

5+ Year Member
blarue09 said:
some info on prelude seats would be awesome. what will fit? are the seats from the last gen of prelude the same as the second last gen? how can you get them to fit in an EK?

I have 2001 prelude seats in my ek....they are nice and comfortable....some welding would be needed to make the inside bolt up but the left side front bolts up fine....back needs modifided as well I can get pics for you if you want??

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hwH22hx said:
I have 2001 prelude seats in my ek....they are nice and comfortable....some welding would be needed to make the inside bolt up but the left side front bolts up fine....back needs modifided as well I can get pics for you if you want??
yea put them up!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The OP needs a new category. The S2000 seats DON'T just swap rails. In fact they can't swap rails at all.

Like I said, you have to swap the entire seat pan. That means you get the S200 seats, and then skin them and put the Civic seat pan and rails onto the S2000 seat. This will make it so the seats recline like Civic seats do (S200 seats barly lean forward since they're from a two-seater roadster) and they'll then botl into the Civic perfectly.