6th Gen Suspension/Shocks/Springs

ikillradio

Hey,
I wanted to drop my 6th gen sedan about 2 inches.

My shocks are bad and i need to replace them also.

I was thinking about getting a Dropzone shocks/struts + coilovers package. They give 1 - 4 in drop.

Is a camber kit necessary my friends say yes, while others say no. I was thinking also about a front skunk2 camber kit. do they sell one for the rear also?

What else should i know about suspension before i undertake this.

exoin

STi Driver
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You should get a camber kit no matter how much you drop it. The more you drop it the more you will need one.

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep, as exion said, camber kit is strongly suggested for any amount of drop, and if you get coils i would really really say you should get them. they do sell rear kits, they arent nearly as expensive as the fronts tho.

blueline

JDM Jerzy Domestic Market
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First off, I have heard bad things about Dropzone. Just a word.

Camber kits are nice, however they are not directly needed in all situations. Honda recommends dropping the Civic from .75-1.75" This allows for play and the stock suspension system will be in tolerances and work without changes. Anything over that will need a camber kit. I've spoken to a shop I had my Tanabe springs put on and even they said that if I had gotten a camber kit, all it would do is add uneven wear on my tires since I really don't run into high speed curves that I hit at 90 everyday.

That's just my experience and trying to pass the knowledge.

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
blueline said:
I've spoken to a shop I had my Tanabe springs put on and even they said that if I had gotten a camber kit, all it would do is add uneven wear on my tires since I really don't run into high speed curves that I hit at 90 everyday.
I don't quite understand your post.

The general idea of a camber kit is to correct the camber so that you don't have tire wear. Lowering the car will create negative camber, which is good for cornering (to some degree). When people get camber kit, it's usually to fix this negative camber and allow the tire to contact the road evenly.