!7 Year Old's 1998 Civic Sedan

Coryb0i

Heyy ClubCivic, I'm kinda new to this site but i love Civics, Soooo with that being said Here,s my Civic

I've had itt for about 4 months, and i enjoyed itt very much

Its gonna be a slow build because im still in school but this is my last year SOOO GLAD. The things im gonna do to itt is first a paint job and body work. My uncle said he got me cover on that. Next is to clean the engine bay lol

I will eventually get a front and rear lip, get them wheels and hubcaps off, some oem fog lights, si taillights and black house em. It's an automatic and im gonna keep it that way, from what i heard yhu can't put a turbo in it, from something to do with the rpm or something, then i heard some about a supercharger for automatic but i dont kno. Things i need to work on is my door locks, get my headliner recovered, a new interior light, either a new oil pan or a new oil pan screw HOPEFULLY it needs a new screw, and a new hood

OOPS My bad

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Automatics can't handle any kind of power, you will destroy it very quickly. They are made for gas mileage. Ditch it if you want to add power.

Personal opinion...ditch the god awful tail lights, get some stock headlights, repaint the hood, throw the hub caps away, and lower it.

Has a decent base to start with though. Good luck.

Civic Virtue

I wouldn't touch any type of forced induction on an automatic, those torque converters aren't meant for high power output.

Looks like a good start though, throw some oem tail lights back on there!

Coryb0i

I wouldn't touch any type of forced induction on an automatic, those torque converters aren't meant for high power output.

Looks like a good start though, throw some oem tail lights back on there!
I got my stock taillights I'll put those back onn there lol

alex_n/a

stocker
yes. Do what we tell you to do.

jk those lights are ugly on your car. At least if your car was silver or white they would blend in more. When you get something new consider what it will look like on YOUR car. Stock lights always work. Black goes with everything.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Forget what anyone tells you on here about cosmetic advice. This is your car and it's image should reflect YOUR views. Not others. If you like the tail lights, good for you, enjoy them. Personally, I don't like them. But like I said, your car.

That being said it looks like a decent foundation for a build, good luck man. Keep us posted.

Mern

Come at me bro.
Forget what anyone tells you on here about cosmetic advice. This is your car and it's image should reflect YOUR views. Not others. If you like the tail lights, good for you, enjoy them. Personally, I don't like them. But like I said, your car.

That being said it looks like a decent foundation for a build, good luck man. Keep us posted.
Well said.

Dnguyen92

:word:

dillon_1213

So me being 16 and a cheap ass...... I work at hyvee come on give me a break..... But whats wrong with the hood, and how much do you want for it??

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Drop it, stock tails, paint matched si grille, ditch the hub caps, tint and window visors then call it a day. At least that's what I'd do. clean base though man

Cobl18

Registered VIP
you could park it on the street? i live down a 1/2 mile dirt road and i have to drive 5 MPH to keep from bottoming out and not mess up my suspension, it sucks!

CO671

Registered VIP
Just got my Civic too; loving it still! Anyways, before you do anything aesthetic wise, how's it running? Any problems?
I hope your car goes well with you; please don't rice it up :D. If it works perfectly fine and you can spend money into the exterior/interior then please get some stock taillights, is300/altezza lights should stay on is300/altezza's.Good luck with your aspirations! Other than the tails, maybe a paintjob; new wheels or just painted steelies and removal all the badges (maybe an SI grille so you don't have an empty emblem grille) and it should be simple and clean! Again, good luck. Maybe go to the Sedan Showoff thread for some inspiration.