7th gen cd player

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So we bought my sister an 2001 LX sedan the other day and it just has a tape deck in it. I'm going to go pick up an OEM cd player tonight from craigslist. Does anyone know if the harnesses on the back are the same or will I need to wire it?

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i would think you need to wiring it up but not totally sure though but if you do check out crutcfield.com they sell harnesses to make your life easier installing a cd player

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Harness most likely will fit shouldn't be different, but I could be wrong and in the event that I am youll need to rewire it for the new plug config.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm pretty sure it's the same, I'll pull it out tomorrow and find out. I picked up the cd player last night and turns out it was brand new so that was a nice surprise.

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sweet i'd still have my stock one if it wasn't so hot in pheonix. the heat f**ked it up and it would turn off all the time. Had to upgrayd!

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why did you buy a stock radio they suck balls and no ipod input.evan a sony explode wall-mart special would have been better.how much did you pay for that anyway ???

AtM-

5+ Year Member
yeah i wouldnt get a stock radio. but get the radio code from him or else your going to have a hard time

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i wouldnt get a stock radio. but get the radio code from him or else your going to have a hard time
or call your local honda dealer for the code, i've done that before...and most likely you'll need it

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why did you buy a stock radio they suck balls and no ipod input.evan a sony explode wall-mart special would have been better.how much did you pay for that anyway ???
I got it for $45 brand new. You can add an iPod to it, and it looks better than an aftermarket unit. The rest of the car is remaining stock and will be parked in the city a lot so I didn't want an aftermarket unit. I actually already have an extra aftermarket unit in my room but I wanted the stock one.

I already got the radio and installed it. It plugged right in and I got the code with it. It actually sounds very good.

YetAnotherRocky

5+ Year Member
My dad got angry once and smashed my "The Police: Greatest Hits" CD that was half sticking out of the CD player. Not a nice sight.