7th Gen Civics Engine to crowded

Civic2004

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok yesterday I went out with some of my friends and they wanted to see how the engine looked, so we open the hood of my 04 civic and we started discussing wheather or not is possible to make mods on such a small crowded space. I know when there is a will there is a way.What do you guys think?

Last edited:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Civic2004 said:
Ok yesterday I went out with some of my friends and they wanted to see how the engine looked, so we open the hood of my 04 civic and we started discussing wheather or not is possible to make mods on such a small crowded space. What do you guys think? Is it possible to add s**t to the engine.

...uh.... yea....o.o

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you take of all the plastic covers and whatnot, it is very easy to add extra hampsters to the cage. :lol:

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Let me guess...

You've never modded a car before.

exmashin

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude, get a new intake and header and watch how much s**t you take out, also get a full intake no short ram s**t and u'll lose weight and free up a TON OF SPACE, and the header will give u space too heh

d00ma

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think they make the stock air boxes so f*ckin bit to scare people into leaving it alone. anything black and plasticy, bin it - no, better! recycle it, could probly make a few from the gippos on collection day. get some nice shiny piping in there... - no, better! get a K series heheh ..wish i could afford to...no, better!! sell ure d17 civ while its still new and get a 2nd hand import skyline r33, have a few grand spare to throw under the hood. and its crowded for all the right reasons. dont get me wrong i love my ex, just cant understand while they left a cam out on a 2 door sporty coupe.

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Because it's a Civic. Originally it's a sedan from where it originates (Japan). Coupe bodies are designed in the US just for s**t and giggles.

For 2006, you might want to look forward in trading your car.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
SlammedBlueEM2 said:
Because it's a Civic. Originally it's a sedan from where it originates (Japan). Coupe bodies are designed in the US just for s**t and giggles.

For 2006, you might want to look forward in trading your car.
is 2006 when 8th gen starts?

Civic2004

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cool. I wonder how they would be. Probably it will look like the 7th accord. since the 7th gen civic is as big as a 5 or 6 gen accord. and just imagine the 8th gen accord probably will be an SUV. ha ha ha

SlammedBlueEM2

Brunettes > Blondes
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Unless the 2004 Civic sales skyrocket out of control, the 7th Gen Civic will end at 2005. It's been fun. This also marks the last year of the 7th Gen in Japan. (2004)

USDM 2006 will have a more powerful engine and a sportier EX. Because of that, you should expect a more powerful Si engine as well.

If you want to get a glimpse of the 8th Gen Civic, peep at the 2005 JDM Civic when it's released at http://www.honda.co.jp. Should be late to early this year. Don't expect to see a new coupe until the middle of next year.

04civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SlammedBlueEM2 said:
Unless the 2004 Civic sales skyrocket out of control, the 7th Gen Civic will end at 2005. It's been fun. This also marks the last year of the 7th Gen in Japan. (2004)

USDM 2006 will have a more powerful engine and a sportier EX. Because of that, you should expect a more powerful Si engine as well.

If you want to get a glimpse of the 8th Gen Civic, peep at the 2005 JDM Civic when it's released at http://www.honda.co.jp. Should be late to early this year. Don't expect to see a new coupe until the middle of next year.
umm...everything is in japanese... :?: