7th gen EX Coupe 7spoke rim question

zoops

Autocross whore
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm referring to these wheels

and also these (the ones labeled #16)

I need for anyone with those rims to PLEASE measure the diameter of the center cap. I believe they are almost identical to the 6th gen Si rims but reassurance that the diameter is the same would be great.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
those are the 6th gen si rims bro..........they were a carry over as far as i know.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I think they're exactly the same...I compared mine with a friends once...looked identical.

Why is it so important to you that you would have someone MEASURE the rims?

zoops

Autocross whore
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As far as carrying over.. I knew they looked very similar but on most websites I had seen them advertised with different names, etc. Just wanted to double check that they weren't just a similar style.

And I would like the center cap diameter because I've been looking for new center caps for my Si rims and have found that there are MANY different sizes of center caps that all look relatively similar. Most only differ by a few tenths of inches so I am just hoping someone here has these wheels and can measure really quick. I will probably check out the Honda dealership tomorrow and find a Civic with those rims and measure it myself anyways.

The Si rim center caps retail for just over $20 a piece from a dealer, yet the 7th gen 7-spoke alloy (duplicate of the Si rims) center caps only cost $6.28 a piece, brand new. Felt that seemed a bit odd so I am just wanting to make sure before I go ahead and buy them.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, i got ya...well, the newer caps prolly retail for more cause, well maybe cause they're newer :2confused

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
zoops said:
The Si rim center caps retail for just over $20 a piece from a dealer, yet the 7th gen 7-spoke alloy (duplicate of the Si rims) center caps only cost $6.28 a piece, brand new. Felt that seemed a bit odd so I am just wanting to make sure before I go ahead and buy them.
Maybe one is plastic one isnt? :what:

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jezek Is Back said:
Yeah I think they're exactly the same...I compared mine with a friends once...looked identical.

Why is it so important to you that you would have someone MEASURE the rims?
he said center cap....

zoops

Autocross whore
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jezek Is Back said:
Ok, i got ya...well, the newer caps prolly retail for more cause, well maybe cause they're newer :2confused
The 99-00 are $20+, the 7th gen are $6.

But I think MySiIzFaster has the right idea. The rims off the Si are obviously alloy with an alloy center cap.. but the 7th gen centercaps in the parts catalogue read as " CAP, ALUMINUM WHEEL CENTER".. so I guess they must be just aluminum. I'll swing by Honda tomorrow and see what I can figure out.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
zoops said:
The 99-00 are $20+, the 7th gen are $6.

But I think MySiIzFaster has the right idea. The rims off the Si are obviously alloy with an alloy center cap.. but the 7th gen centercaps in the parts catalogue read as " CAP, ALUMINUM WHEEL CENTER".. so I guess they must be just aluminum. I'll swing by Honda tomorrow and see what I can figure out.
Yeah...I'm retarded and read that wrong. I thought you were saying $20 a SET and then $6 something EACH for the new ones. My fault...anyway, let us know what happens...