7th gen gauge cluster swap

2k5civic

i hate imports...! siiike
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does anyone know if we are able to swap a gauge cluster into our 7 gens. ?

like a 7th gen si cluster or something.?

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm not too familiar with 7th gens... so someone else might give you more detailed info... but i think that if you do swap, the milage would be messed up at the very least. since the 7th gen odometers are not mechanical, you cant manipulate them like u could older civics.

2k5civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
think so .? u think i can adjusted the milage to be exact with what i have current in my car. im also thinking that the swap will be direct . i mean yea the only problem would be mileage . anyone else's inouts are welcome .!

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm gonna say it wouldn't physically fit. The 7th gen clusters are taller then 6th gen

2k5civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nah im talking bout swaping with a 7th gen si . not a 6th gen .its okay man .haha

7thgen si clusterto a 7th gen civic coupe ex

giza556

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im almost positive that it wont work due to fitment and plug/wire issues. i know that the 6th gens could be swapped with no problem, but i think the 7th gens are totally diff. from eachother.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you would have to look at the two of them side by side to be able to tell, as far as mileage goes just get an Si cluster with more mileage than your car and wait until you hit the right mileage to put it in and take pictures of both clusters together at the time of the installation

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FerioSpeed said:
you would have to look at the two of them side by side to be able to tell, as far as mileage goes just get an Si cluster with more mileage than your car and wait until you hit the right mileage to put it in and take pictures of both clusters together at the time of the installation
thats a good idea... never crossed my mind.

if you're not worried about the milage matching, or you can do what FerioSpeed suggested above, i would think it should work. but i cannot say for certain as i have not had experience with 7th gen clusters. sorry.

2k5civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
iight cool ima on a mission now .!!

ill be postin results on the swap.! thnx fellow honda civians!

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where are you getting the cluster from?

2k5civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im breaking into a honda dealrship and taking that bish out of there!!! haha

nah my boy he wrecked his 2001 si.. totaled. even the engine is a disaster! some dood hit him straight on ina old dodge pickup truck ..drunk ass hell.. well yall know old dodges.. pure metal!!

yea so everything is gone but his cluster.. i took it out and have it chilln in my room .now ima see if itll fit into my 05 EM2

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2k5civic said:
im breaking into a honda dealrship and taking that bish out of there!!! haha

nah my boy he wrecked his 2001 si.. totaled. even the engine is a disaster! some dood hit him straight on ina old dodge pickup truck ..drunk ass hell.. well yall know old dodges.. pure metal!!

yea so everything is gone but his cluster.. i took it out and have it chilln in my room .now ima see if itll fit into my 05 EM2
2001 si ? Never ever offered in us.
99-00 si = 6th gen.
02+ si = 7thgen.

Gauge cluster size is different, wiring hareness should be similar.
You can do it, but not worth it imo.

Stock gauge cluster is good, why change it.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why would you want to change it? Our gauge clusters rock.

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For the average person this is close to impossible! It just dont fit :P

2k5civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea that was a typo.. i ment 03 si.. but yea youz guyz are right.. i thought maybe sumpn coll could be done like a gauge cluster swap.. haha ima fool. but yea our gauges are dope. i left em .. hey .. i have a question ..

the 2006 si coupe coming out.. i read it in a magazine in i think honda tuning and they said that this car is the 6th generation si.. ! hm.??? i would of thought id be part of the new line up for the 8th generation civic.... am i right or wrong.? feedback .

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well.. i beleive that it could be the 6th gen SI... meaing it is teh sixth different model of civic si... despite the civic itself being in ints 8th gen. that make sense?

however i dont know the validity of this, cuz i dont really know much abotu civics older than the 5th gens. but my explanatino would at least make sense. it does in my head at least, lol.

T-mo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
true that ^^^
1st gen Si was 88-91
2nd gen was 92-95
3rd gen was 96-98
4th gen was 99-00
5th gen Si's 01-present

So the new ones will be the 6th gen of Si's!!!!!

exmashin

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
theres a DIY to change the guage cluster to blue i believe but other than that...riip off the dash! lmao

Chicohonda02

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it works, but it doens't fit right. you need special parts for it to fit. Cna't remember what. But my teammate did it on his 04, looks sick, but doesn't fit right at all.

notoriouspyro

5+ Year Member
I was wondering the same thing only diff is I want to swap an 05 sedan cluster into my 01 coupe. It's the same general sizing, I know the milage will be off, but would the cluster itself fit?