7th gen power thread. READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!!!!

Cogan

Has learned his lesson
5+ Year Member
if by air induction kit you mean a cold air intake or short ram intake system, I thought it was very worth it when I installed one and it was childs play to put it on, i say go for it.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Get one off of ebay. Don't spend $200+ on an AEM or other name brand intake. The ebay knockoffs are usually exact or near exact replicas of the expensive models and will give you the same gains (even though gains from intakes are relatively minimal.) Very easy to install. Probably the best first mod for you to try to install yourself.

valentip90

5+ Year Member
doesn't race engineering make stage 1-3 cams for em2 vtec models...? no all motor section to your sticky?

Monroe94

would having just a built motor but with no turbo still give me some good power like at least 175 to 200hp? im not sure if i wanna boost my honda

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Monroe - Not without a LOT of time and money. It's going to be very difficult to get those numbers out of your engine without boost.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Good look at my build thread. I'm building n/a with Honda oen gx pistons and some other stuff. The pistons are 12.5:1 compression. How's that for HFP

hely

hely
These little D17s respond really well to boost and a cam, that would be my recommendation. K-swaps are reliable as soon as you drop them in, boosted D17s require near constant f***ing with to keep running cleanly.

Haloem2

I have a vp 2004 and I'm curious if your whipping 240off the d17a2 cause my mechanic refuses to put in a turbo kit in mine cause of the d17a1 and he want me to drop in the vtec components and to build the motor first I just want to get mine to 200-275 any suggestions applicable to d17a1

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a vp 2004 and I'm curious if your whipping 240off the d17a2 cause my mechanic refuses to put in a turbo kit in mine cause of the d17a1 and he want me to drop in the vtec components and to build the motor first I just want to get mine to 200-275 any suggestions applicable to d17a1
Had an 02 civic ex. It was a d17a2..

james1196

Hey guys, sorry for posting. About the resonator. Do I need to do anything once removed? Or is that it?

Mark060199

I have a question would a K20A2 engine and manual transmission fit in my 2001 Honda Civic Lx 1.7L 4 door sedan which is currently has a D17A1 non vtec and automatic transmission

KarifGhannam

Hello again. I know a lot of you guys are waiting for this thread. Here is how it will go: I will start by introducing myself and then post something like a status update. You guys can skip reading it if you want. Then I will post a question or something, kind of like a PSA. At the end of the PSA I will post a list of resources. You guys can reply to the thread with information on the resources I list. I will then mark the thread as solved and post the next PSA. This will go on and on until there are no resouces left for me to list. Then the thread will be closed.