AEM cold air intake
front drilled and slotted brakes
rear disc break conversion
[uknown adjustable coilovers]
BLOX lower control arms
strut tower bars
lower arm bars
stock exhaust​

Where should I go from here?... should I just build the motor or go with boost? Keep in mind I have a limited bugdet. So doing both is out of the question. lol
ThanksI

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, stay all motor if you want to stay slow. If you want to go fast later on, there's always boost. ;)

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i want your car... ive always wanted a gold ED with a swap.

i say go all motor currently, and boost later on if you feel the need.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea but if he builds it for all motor then he will have to use high compression pistons.....which is bad for boost.....if your going to build it get the compression ratio to around 9:1.....then start saving for a turbo kit....

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It will probably cost you more to build also. You could stay with stock internals and low boost and still be faster than if you would build it. That's my opinion tho. :lol: What you can't deny is that you are starting off with THE BEST car honda ever came out with not to mention the best gen civic. ;)

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Balla!

Turbo or all-motor will both cost about the same to do correctly.

I would say, think about what you want to actually do with your car. If you want to autocross it, I wouldn't bother going the turbo route. You will never be able to go fast enough to build boost. However, all motor would be perfect for that route.

If you want to drag or just go fast in a straight line, then the turbo route is the obvious choice.

By the way, I LOVE your sig pic. If your EF gets even half as clean as the white one from J-tuned, you'll have to mace off all of the honeys!

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Balla!

Turbo or all-motor will both cost about the same to do correctly.

I would say, think about what you want to actually do with your car. If you want to autocross it, I wouldn't bother going the turbo route. You will never be able to go fast enough to build boost. However, all motor would be perfect for that route.

If you want to drag or just go fast in a straight line, then the turbo route is the obvious choice.

By the way, I LOVE your sig pic. If your EF gets even half as clean as the white one from J-tuned, you'll have to mace off all of the honeys!
so what you're saying is that boosting it for autocross is a waste of time because of turbo lag? :lol: Well if you're going to use a HUGE turbo there will be some lag but with the right turbo, you won't feel the lag at all.

and if you consider buying an expensive name brand turbo kit and paying an overpriced garage to install it for you "doing it correctly" then yes, it will cost about the same to build or boost it. If you piece or junkyard piece your turbo kit together then it shouldn't cost you that much and if you tune it properly, you will stay out of the garage wrenching and fixing broken s**t like you will if you build it ALL MOTOR. Now keep in mind, when I say building it for all motor I'm meaning going all out and doing everything you possibly can. Otherwise if you half ass the build, you will still be slow as balls. Of course I'm biased because I'm boosted. :lol: but I've been all motor too, just not FULLY built all motor.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its all about the tune, not the parts(sometimes)

tyl29

Supreme Member
5+ Year Member
It will probably cost you more to build also. You could stay with stock internals and low boost and still be faster than if you would build it. That's my opinion tho. :lol: What you can't deny is that you are starting off with THE BEST car honda ever came out with not to mention the best gen civic. ;)
c'mon man. lets be seriouse here... 5th gen ftw..:lol:

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its all about the tune, not the parts(sometimes)
well, most people would say that I have a shitty tune but I proved them wrong by having it last this long. :what:

but you are right! :lol: The tune is what's going to make you go faster and make your setup last. I just haven't seen many, IF ANY, fully built ALL MOTOR all motor setups last longer than a year. :(

c'mon man. lets be seriouse here... 5th gen ftw..:lol:
:no:

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea but if he builds it for all motor then he will have to use high compression pistons.....which is bad for boost.....if your going to build it get the compression ratio to around 9:1.....then start saving for a turbo kit....
he dosnt have to have hi CR to make it all motor... port/ polish, valvetrain upgrade, cams, intake, and catback would be perfect. then later on down the road, just pistons, rods and a turbo kit and hes all good!