89 hatch with electrical problems: Loose ground wire?

VietStaH

5+ Year Member
yea either im not looking hard on the forums, or not reading through the haynes repair manual throughly.
reasong being is my cluster lights ( when i turn on my head lights ) dims on and off after a certain speed at round 40MPH and up, with also seatbelt light sometimes flicker, plus battery light flickers ( battery is good by the way ) i know i have a loose ground somewhere but i would really appreciate if someone like gave me a diagram of where all the ground wires are or a good pinpoint.

RonJ

Banned
How do you know the alternator is fine?

You also may want to clean and tighten the battery terminals and the battery ground wire attached to the frame.

VietStaH

5+ Year Member
How do you know the alternator is fine?

You also may want to clean and tighten the battery terminals and the battery ground wire attached to the frame.
i checked with autozone and they said the alternator is normal. the battery terminal i'll double check on that, but what about the ground wire that connects to the valve cover to the frame near the radiator? does that affect the electrical current flow?

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this all sounds isolated to the cluster... i would pull the cluster hood off... and wiggle wires around...