8th Gen SI + $1200 = ???

Alpha.kx

5+ Year Member
One of my friends just bought a 09 SI and wants to spend $1200 on headers, cat conv, catback, and intake. I have a 6th gen, so I'm a little hazy on what brands are best for 8th gens.

What should my friend go for that will fit within his price range?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for all that with 1200? Ebay brands..... Honestly, you'll never get good stuff with just that much.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
for all that with 1200? Ebay brands..... Honestly, you'll never get good stuff with just that much.
Now i would never say that, it's all going to depend on what brands he buys, but it's going to come down to his goals of what he wants done to the car in the long run, his friend really needs to do his own research not only on cost of the part, but how the part performs as compared to another parts (brand wise), which he needs to do himself versus us telling him what he wants.:word:

franklin-hid

your moms boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my headers alone were 750 for decent ones(R-Crew)
exhaust is safely 6-800 for something good.
intake for the new si's are 250-350

if anything save a bit more for the new HONDATA dual ecu standalone which will give you the best pwoer for your $$

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
tell your friend to save the money and wait till his warranty is over otherwise he'll be paying a shitload of money if there's ever wrong with his car because he voided the warranty with aftermarket items

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tell your friend to save the money and wait till his warranty is over otherwise he'll be paying a shitload of money if there's ever wrong with his car because he voided the warranty with aftermarket items
:word: good point......

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
this is what i'm doing.