90 EF hatch swap

SteezusMFchrist

i have a 90 EF hatch (ed6) DX & i recently did a swap d16y8 block with jdm vti z6 head with si cable trans. now i get power, but not enough to make the car turn over, it doesn't click or nothing. just when I engage the clutch to turn over it does do anything , i replaced starter, battery, + & - cables & still nothing, i am using a rywire harness. any ideas ??? need help asap

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jdm vti z6 head
You're mixing things that don't exist, there is no such thing as that.
You have a Z6 head mated to a y8 block? Is the car wired for MPFI and have you converted to OBD1?

SteezusMFchrist

You're mixing things that don't exist, there is no such thing as that.
You have a Z6 head mated to a y8 block? Is the car wired for MPFI and have you converted to OBD1?

yeah i have a z6 head on a y8 block, ( Frankensteind ) & it is converted to obd1 by useing a rywire harness, ( well at least motor harness is) & it worked when everything was z6 but that block took a dump, so i swapped my y8 block i had laying around

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it worked when everything was z6 but that block took a dump, so i swapped my y8 block i had laying around
If that is the case, then you need to go back and recheck your wiring, you missed something along the way.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If not that, then your grounds may not be making enough contact.