91 Civic LX cruise control

91LXDriver

I have a 91 LX, the cruise control works sporadically at best. I replaced the brake pedal switch 6 months ago. The CC dash switch lights up but when cc button is pushed its a crap shoot whether it will work..

91LXDriver

Reset the ECU by removing the Hazard fuse for 5 minutes. Does code 16 return after driving? Does code 17 show up?
Removed the neutral switch, cleaned contacts, reset ECU, drove it still no luck, and code 16 showed again which according to my service book is a fuel injector issue which is a whole another matter..

91LXDriver

Is the car having any driveability issues? Code 16 generally causes no-start issues.

The position switch must be tested with a multimeter. If you have one, you should be able to pinpoint the CC problem with a few different tests.
Only start issue it had was when hot and left sitting for 10 minutes or so it would just crank with no start. After searching I found it was possibly a bad temp sensor, replaced it and no more hot start issues.

I have a multi meter but not sure what I'm looking for or at....

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
A no-start issue in combination with code 16 tells you to resolder the main relay or replace it.

Are you willing to do some electrical tests with the multimeter if I guide you?
Easiest is to swap it, all or nothin..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

91LXDriver

It's the A/T gear shift position switch. The neutral switch is for a clutch/manual transmission.

Removing it is not necessary but you may need to access and unplug the switch.
I can do that, give me 5 minutes to remove the cover

91LXDriver

The first test is done on the unplugged switch itself rather than the connector and engine OFF.

Set meter to read resistance/Ohms.

Set gear shifter to Drive position.

What Ohm reading do you measure across the pins of the switch corresponding to the Pink and Black wires?[/QUOTE