91 Civic LX low compression

91LXDriver

Also should I put back the distributor to where it was prior to adjusting It during the troubleshooting phase ?

91LXDriver

These are plugs I pulled out, from left to right is the cylinder number. Sorry couldn't get my tablet to turn photo..... IMG_20171227_1547545_rewind_kindlephoto-75139627.jpg

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
What is the theory/logic/reasoning behind replacing timing belt such as I'm going through as opposed to readjusting the current belt/timing???? Curious....
Sounds like the belt was reused once already when the water pump was done, cheap insurance replace both along with plugs and at minimum clean the cap n rotor.

Sent from my boujea ass phone

91LXDriver

Sounds like the belt was reused once already when the water pump was done, cheap insurance replace both along with plugs and at minimum clean the cap n rotor.

Sent from my boujea ass phone
Y e s I used the same belt when I changed out the water pump and the plugs are 3 years old with 12,000 miles on them but I'm changing them out now.

91LXDriver

I got it as taught as I could without prying the belt on from the cam gear. I'm all ears if you have a trick to this.

91LXDriver

Now it runs worse than it did before. It's completely dead from a stop, but once it gets to about 1200 rpm it runs fine.

91LXDriver

It appears to get out all slack on the belt I need to move either the cam or crank and if this so which one in which direction??? Clockwise or counter clockwise?????

Last edited:

91LXDriver

It's back together and running better than last night but still had a small dead spot on initial acceleration but it will have to do for now. The compression check k will have to wait until til next week.... thank you for the help....