91 civic Si, ZC swap with wiring issue! (plug with no where to go!)

iriddell

ok i just finished my DOHC ZC swap into my 1991 civic hb Si, but i have found that there is a plug with no where to go.

On the original D16A6, it plugged into the back of the intake on a little module that stuck downwards. (see pictures) on the ZC intake, there is no such module. I checked the manual but couldnt find what this plug/module does... its has two prongs and on the module, it would appear there is a vacuum line that attaches to it. The intake manifold on the D16 says "PM-6" and the intake on the ZC says "PM-7", referring to the ECU's, respectively. I cannot find a connector for this plug anywhere on the engine! (Note: this is the 1991 Si wiring harness I'm using.)

So, here is the Si intake...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60304820@N02/5504293297/in/photostream/

And here is the ZC intake...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60304820@N02/5504888022/in/photostream/

If you have any suggestions as to what the flip i should be doing/where this plug should go/what it does, I would much appreciate the input!
Thanks!
- Ian

PS - great forum for information!

RonJ

Banned
What are the colors of the 2 wires in the connector?

RonJ

Banned
The plug for the IACV/EACV has Blk/Yel and Blu/Yel wires. The Fast Idle Control Solenoid has Blk/Yel and Blu wires. What color wires are in the connector currently plugged into the IACV?

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the part you are referring to on the Si is the Fast Idle Control Valve found on 89-91 D16A6 engines - not found on 88 models - the DOHC ZC does not use a FICV - just leave the connector unplugged

iriddell

Thanks to both of you guys!
I think im going to leave it (since i might be putting the D16A6 in once its been rebuilt) and get my pm7 ecu plugged in.
Thanks!

iriddell

actually, one quick question. The ZC should be a plug and play with the si wiring harness, yes?
thanks!