91 Civic wagon mid pipe

Paul Hansen

Respected
It appears my mid pipe (original) is split making it sound a little loud. Muffler has been replaced. Any suggestions on where to get a proper replacement? Aftermarket? OEM?.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you talking about the long pipe which runs up the middle of the car, between the muffler section and catalytic converter?
You can try your local Honda dealer, but more than likely, discontinued and out of stock.
Try Rockauto, look for Walker, Dorman, or Bosal, they may make the pipe.

Paul Hansen

Respected
Thanks- Yeah thats the one. So thats the CC that has the heat shield on top? I thought that was resonater in line with the exhaust. I believe the CC in the 98 Civic was in the front manifold section of the engine. My car is a 1.5 2wd version

Paul Hansen

Respected
Hmmm- Midas wants 600.00$ to replace from the converter back- Ouch!

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I believe the CC in the 98 Civic was in the front manifold section of the engine..
That's a different set up altogether.
96-00 non EX & Si models have the cat converter bolted directly onto the exhaust manifold.

Hmmm- Midas wants 600.00$ to replace from the converter back- Ouch!
I think this is the one you'll need, runs just over $200 for the entire kit from Bosal...
http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=5943870&cc=1168433&jsn=356&jsn=356

Paul Hansen

Respected

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All 96-98 Civics have the fused header/cat.
No, it wasn't specific to the year, so they didn't run that setup on those. It was specific to the motor setup.
My '98 Ex doesn't have that fused setup, neither did my wife's '97 Ex, both stock and unmodified.
My '96 Dx coupe, '96 Hx, and '99 Lx DID have that setup.
96-00 Cx/Dx/Lx & Hx have the cat converter right on the exhaust manifold, not downstream farther, like the B series or d16y8 equipped Civics.