XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Personally, I went with Injector Dynamics 725cc's. They're pricey, though. You're looking at ~$450-500 for those. You can go real cheap and find DSM "blue tops", but you'll have to get a resistor box and wire them to that.

550cc is plenty for what you need. Honestly that was probably plenty for what I needed, lol.

Whitegab000

Personally, I went with Injector Dynamics 725cc's. They're pricey, though. You're looking at ~$450-500 for those. You can go real cheap and find DSM "blue tops", but you'll have to get a resistor box and wire them to that.

550cc is plenty for what you need. Honestly that was probably plenty for what I needed, lol.
How does this look? http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-440cc-FUEL-INJECTORS-FOR-HONDA-ACURA-TURBO-BOOST-WITH-PIGTAILS-EV1-JDM-VTEC-/201835763276?fits=Year:1991|Make:Honda|Model:Civic|Submodel:DX|Engine+-+Liter_Display:1.5L&hash=item2efe59564c:g:ozwAAOSw3KFWeL8Y&vxp=mtr. it says it doesnt need a resistor and come with pigtails????

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Whitegab000

How is this kit? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Civic-Complete-Turbo-Kits-D-Series-EX-Si-1-6L-SOHC-VTEC-I-4-125HP-D16Z6-/230958468950. A youtube channel called boosted boiz used this kit on their hondas and they had good success with them. Also do I need to buy a ecu like a hondata?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would prefer reliable and cheap.
Not usually how it works out, you usually get what you pay for.

How is this kit? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Civic-Complete-Turbo-Kits-D-Series-EX-Si-1-6L-SOHC-VTEC-I-4-125HP-D16Z6-/230958468950. A youtube channel called boosted boiz used this kit on their hondas and they had good success with them. ?
At the end of the day, it's a $500 turbo kit. Ask yourself, does it sound reasonable, $600 with free shipping?
What is the level of quality on these parts?
I would be leery of trusting a Youtube channel from anyone called, "boosted boiz".
What does "good success" even mean?

I would like to get between 150-200. if thats within my budget of about 1100/1300 area. more towards 1100 though. I need to daily this car but i have till april 3rd to get the car done or get some stuff done to it.
I would save your $1100, put it towards going through the car, checking it over, doing routine maintenance, fixing what needs to be fixed, get the car running reliably, THEN, work on a budget and do some research about forced induction, how it works and what you want.

Whitegab000

Not usually how it works out, you usually get what you pay for.

At the end of the day, it's a $500 turbo kit. Ask yourself, does it sound reasonable, $600 with free shipping?
What is the level of quality on these parts?
I would be leery of trusting a Youtube channel from anyone called, "boosted boiz".
What does "good success" even mean?
Well the good success is they have gotten the turbos to do 30psi usually keep it under that though but the turbos never blew up on em. I know they used the turbo out of the kit but im not sure if they used the whole kit.

I would save your $1100, put it towards going through the car, checking it over, doing routine maintenance, fixing what needs to be fixed, get the car running reliably, THEN, work on a budget and do some research about forced induction, how it works and what you want.
I understand what your saying. I still have not yet seen the car in person I am trying to see it today but not sure if i will get the chance, once i see it i will have a better idea of the total health of the engine. The guy has had a bunch of work done to it. But we shall see

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I understand what your saying. I still have not yet seen the car in person I am trying to see it today but not sure if i will get the chance, once i see it i will have a better idea of the total health of the engine. The guy has had a bunch of work done to it. But we shall see
So you haven't even purchased it yet?
I wouldn't worry about a turbo just yet!

Whitegab000

So you haven't even purchased it yet?
I wouldn't worry about a turbo just yet!
Yeah ive just been looking into it. I have a whole month until my license gets unsuspended so i was gonna spend the month working on it. The stock motor has 65 horsepower from factory and its from 91 so it probably has half that. Im just trying to get it to liven up.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The stock motor has 65 horsepower from factory
It's the base model 4spd manual with the lovely fake pleather interior?
No shift console, just a stick shift sticking through the floor with a plain round knob?
Let me guess, it's blue?

Whitegab000

No shift console, just a stick shift sticking through the floor with a plain round knob?
Let me guess, it's blue?
I don't know if it has a plain round knob but the other parts are spot on

Whitegab000

Let me guess, it's blue?
The guy sold it yesterday and didnt tell me. Im pretty pissed

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
For future reference, don't let your first turbo project be something you have to daily. Even a properly executed turbo set up can blow up for any reason. Not to mention, you're going to go out and rip on it and do things that someone who is JUST getting their license back shouldn't do. Just get a simple clean daily and enjoy a headache free mode of transportation for awhile.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Whitegab000

For future reference, don't let your first turbo project be something you have to daily. Even a properly executed turbo set up can blow up for any reason. Not to mention, you're going to go out and rip on it and do things that someone who is JUST getting their license back shouldn't do. Just get a simple clean daily and enjoy a headache free mode of transportation for awhile.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
My license just got revoked because i was out past curfew it wasnt anything serious.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
My license just got revoked because i was out past curfew it wasnt anything serious.
Doesn't really matter if you go try to fight a ticket or anything of that sort. Plus out after curfew? Get ready to lose your license again for even the dumbest thing. It's not worth it dude, just save the money for the time being.