91 Standard HB check engine light

AH91

on the way to work light will come on, it will run just fine wen i get to work and off a few hours later the light will b off it has never done this beofre but seems to do it the same place on the freeway, however it has only happed twice in the past week. wat could it be? any feedback wuld b great

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
probably the O2 sensor and could be intermittent - what code is showing on the ECU? pull back the carpet on the passenger side and look at the top of the ECU - with ignition switch on, you should see a flashing red LED - count the number of times it flashes between pauses and that will give you the code - O2 sensor is code 1 (flashes once, pauses, flashes once, etc.) - to reset the ECU to clear the codes, you need to remove the hazard fuse from the main underhood fuse box for about 20 seconds and then replace the fuse - once you have a check engine light showing on the dash, the ECU will store the codes where they will remain until you manually clear them - codes will show on the ECU even if the check engine light on the dash is off

AH91

probably the O2 sensor and could be intermittent - what code is showing on the ECU? pull back the carpet on the passenger side and look at the top of the ECU - with ignition switch on, you should see a flashing red LED - count the number of times it flashes between pauses and that will give you the code - O2 sensor is code 1 (flashes once, pauses, flashes once, etc.) - to reset the ECU to clear the codes, you need to remove the hazard fuse from the main underhood fuse box for about 20 seconds and then replace the fuse - once you have a check engine light showing on the dash, the ECU will store the codes where they will remain until you manually clear them - codes will show on the ECU even if the check engine light on the dash is off
thanks for the feedback i will check it out to c wats goin on if not the o2 sensor i will post back, hopefully it is sumthing somewhat simple like that.