'92 EJ2 DX build

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats the valve cover, not the head :smackself Thats also not foam but gasket sealer. Someone used the wrong kind of sealer on the valve cover gasket.

curtisspencer23

Thats the valve cover, not the head :smackself Thats also not foam but gasket sealer. Someone used the wrong kind of sealer on the valve cover gasket.
Like I said I'm New to this I am smacking myself well now. I can focus on brakes and suspension until I can do a swap or build a mini or something

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
At least youre honest & open to how much there is to learn. You need alot of knowledge & experience before even considering performing any heavy engine mods or swaps, so research thoroughly. Make sure to address all the maintenance issues above all else.

curtisspencer23

At least youre honest & open to how much there is to learn. You need alot of knowledge & experience before even considering performing any heavy engine mods or swaps, so research thoroughly. Make sure to address all the maintenance issues above all else.
Yeah I don't want to take my car a part and not be able to put it back together. I've seen a lot of threads on guys building these crazy engines for years and not be able to handle the power. In definitely going to stick with the maintenance, any do the brakes and suspension probably a cai it seems really basic I'll still keep track of my progress so I can see how far I came skill wise. Thanks again for all the advice and support.[emoji617] [emoji106] [emoji108] [emoji109]

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We're glad to help. Good luck with the process. FYI, forget the CAI as theyre useless on your stock engine. Get a drop-in K&N air filter and put the remaining money into the maintenance stuff.