93 civic i need a motor

mosleydb

I have 1993 honda civic, I am looking at salvage yards to save some money. My car is automatic, i need to find a manual car engine anything i can take off of it to upgrade my car( enginge, shocks, tranny, what ever i can salvage) . What engine and what transmission. I have read that civic SI, Acura Integra motors or transmission might work. PLEASE HELP I SOME DIRECTIONS I am Located in the San Fernando Valley let me know guys thanks a lot. I am trying to spend like a grand and a half on the car and i have a shop were i can have it done.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

Are you planning on doing an auto to manual swap? Any D15/D16 engine will work. You can also swap in B16/B18/B20 motors but they will be more expensive.

I guess, what are you trying to accomplish with this car? Fuel efficiency? More power? Just want it fixed and running?

mosleydb

Yes i wanted to do a swap for a manual. After a few months i am planing on selling the car. I found a civic SI 2002 that is a junker and I wanted to know if i ant out the 02 si motor in the 93 (is there enough room), i want more power but i want a better car for when i do sell it. I know some guys go nuts for the 93 hatchback car has clean title and body is also in good condition. My engine that is in the car now is done i need a new motor so that is why i am here trying to find some guidance.
Thanks guys

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Based on your lack of knowledge, I would stay away from the b series and just stay with the d series family.
Any 92-00 D series Civic motor will work and be the simplest swap.
A K series is not cheap, nor is it a drop in, bolt up job.