93 Civic LX Sedan

SD_760

IMG_3643.JPG What's up everyone. I live in San Diego CA. I just picked up this 93 Civic LX. Not sure my plans for it yet. As of right now I picked it up for $350. It is stock and clean title 129k miles all original 1 owner. As it sits it throws a code 0 and wont turn over. I picked up an OEM distributor from the junk yard, a spare main relay , 1 door panel and a door molding. I changed Most the fuses with new ones, and ordered an ECU off eBay. Should be here in a couple days .

Last edited:

SD_760

Ok first thing is first until ecu gets in , here is the before pics of the cars interior and engine bay - For its age this is gonna clean up really nice IMG_3773.JPG IMG_3778.JPG IMG_3775.JPG IMG_3777.JPG IMG_3791.JPG

SD_760

First wash / dust off - car has some minor clear coat burning but the paints good - will post fully detailed pics tomorrow - and will try to keep this post going daily with what I do to it and not lag image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

SD_760

Ok so I tried to hit the interior carpets with two cans of blue coral and damn did that suck. Hour of scrubbing with minimal results. Gonna have to get a professional steam clean =\ image.jpg half way through and can't get anymore of that stain out ... hope it was just coffee... image.jpg

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
[As it sits it throws a code 0 and wont turn over. I picked up an OEM distributor from the junk yard, a spare main relay , I changed Most the fuses with new ones, and ordered an ECU off eBay.
Before you threw all that money and parts at it, did you actually trouble shoot what was wrong?

SD_760

Before you threw all that money and parts at it, did you actually trouble shoot what was wrong?
The spare main relay was $6 and the OEM distributor was $30. But I have been going through the steps to check if it's the ecu on a tech thread here... checked my grounds , jumped the M. Relay from 1-7 and 5-7 , multimeter checked fuse 24 &31 fuel pump is priming I haven't gone as far as to start checking anything else yet. Worst comes to worst I can craigslist anything I don't need Honda game is strong in San Diego. Trying to get as much done as possible because I can't drive so I LYFT everywhere ...

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
But I have been going through the steps to check if it's the ecu on a tech thread here... checked my grounds , jumped the M. Relay from 1-7 and 5-7 , multimeter checked fuse 24 &31 fuel pump is priming I haven't gone as far as to start checking anything else yet.
That's what I was asking, if you have been going through steps to actually troubleshoot instead of just throwing darts and guessing.

SD_760

I installed a new temp sensor this morning and that fixed that problem. I don't see my radiator fan turning on though. I jumped the connector at the fan switch and it started running. I installed a new fan switch. Also , more pressing issue is the exhaust leak I found IMG_3873.JPG

SD_760

I got the exhaust piping welded down at a local shop, they were really cool.... professional and nice and cheap work like $80 for the weld ... woulda been less but there were about 10 other little holes in the exhaust that they patched up. Also re bleed my coolant system and got it to function properly and fans come on. So now my car is functioning and back from the dead I can focus on what's next. Going to deep clean engine bay and rest of the car tomorrow!

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Congrats so far, you've done a nice job of getting this running again and cleaned up.

SD_760

Congrats so far, you've done a nice job of getting this running again and cleaned up.
Thanks! Looks like they didn't repair the exhaust they just put in completely new piping? Oh well whatever. I'm scouting CL and junk yard to see if I can come up on an exhaust for cheap. I think this weekend I'm going to see if I can find any cheap goodies for the car. I'm thinking about selling this one and looking for a hatchback. Not sure yet. But if I can sell this thing for 2500 and have that loot to put into something else I would be stoked. If not I'll still be happy with this and slowly work toward doin something interesting. IMG_3938.JPG IMG_3939.JPG
Engine bay shots coming soon

SD_760

Smogged the car today, CA standards gave me a :thumbs up. Stoked! Now I ca. Get the reg. Up to date and get this thing to the car wash :D

SD_760

Ok I finally got the car reg'd and can actually go hit the car wash clean engine bay and roll this thing around !!!

FWDKILLER

I guess only 3 People really stay on this forum its the same people on every post , ill move to another forum.