93 CX Option Fuse issue

Clark_R

So I recently got this car home, did some things, removed the mess of added wires under the dash for the crap alarm instal, etc. I've never had an issue with fuses before like this, so I'm a bit stumped.

I went to put the negative battery cable back on and it arced like nothing before, melted a bit of the post. Used a test light from the cable to the post and started pulling fuses. Pulled the 'Option' fuse and it went away.

Not entirely sure what it's used for, or how this wasn't an issue before, or how now that it is, where the short possibly could be.

If I could get any help as to what that fuse is supposed to run, that would make it way easier for me to track down the problem.

Thanks for your time.

RonJ

Banned
What is tapped into the option fuse? Which option fuse? There's more than one. Post a picture.

Clark_R

Oh, my bad. It's the large 50amp fuse in the under hood fuse box.
All the under dash fuses I pulled, but the test light never went off.

I'd grab a picture, but there really isn't much to show, and it's almost a tropical storm outside. =\

RonJ

Banned
I'd grab a picture, but there really isn't much to show
There are no option fuses in the hood fuse box, so post the picture. Otherwise, you're on your own.

Clark_R

Not a picture of mine, but it's the same. The 50 amp fuse slot that says "OPTION" on the cover. Just curious as to what things it supplies power too is all.

RonJ

Banned
That's fuse 36. It connects to a Wht/Red wire that runs to the dash fuse box. There, the circuit branches to an unfused Option wire, fuses 1, 3, and 6, and the power window relay. The PO may have connected the alarm to the Option wire.

Attachments