93 Gray Hatch :)

kangoo

5+ Year Member
Hi,
I'm finally creating a thread for my car! I never posted before, because I had no civic... In April 2014, I got an LSi (EG4), and never created a thread in CC... until now.
Here are a few pics of it when I got it:

I removed the red badges, and the sticker on the trunk.
All the light bulbs were frickin blue/xenon/wtv (headlights, plate lights, cluster lights) and I got white/regular lights.
It looked like this after a few days:

In the interior there were aluminum imitating mats, that went straight to the garbage can, EK seats (which are nice and all), EK plastic trim, and an EK carpet O.o ...

so stuff started happening...
like this:

Now the car doesn't have mats or carpet... I don't care much about it though. Also don't have pictures :/

Then I got OEM side repeaters (the ones on the fenders)

I made this because the car started having some issues. Or it already had issues, but I began noticing them. Like the left window not rolling down... or up. I gotta get out of the car when I'm in McDrive. Among other stuff that is already repaired, or that is just broken for ever

Then I started going to car meets in the moutains, and being all touge and stuff, and eventually crashed. And it was filmed. But not only I was bad at driving, I was also bad at mounting the camera, so you can't really see the accident, but you can listen:
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NPQajZBjx8"][/YOUTUBE]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NPQajZBjx8

This is how the car turned out:

When I got it repaired, I got a new hood (with a Honda badge on it!), I removed the front plate holder (I mean, the impact ripped it off, but I didn't get a new one, so I kinda wanted that, i think it counts as a mod xD)

And that how it is now =)
I also got a random cat sticker in the rear window, for extra power, of course. Nah, I like cats and trippy stuff...

the other day I sprayed the windshield wipers

got a magic tree...

And I saved the engine for last. It is a D15B2, 90hp, no vtec, no multi-point injection. So I had a "mini-me" done.
Now there is a D16Z6 head on it, with vtec, multi-point injection, D16 intake manifold, exhaust manifold, P28 ECU, etc.
And I got flat black valve cover that I just love.
And here it is, the engine bay

Hope you liked what I've done with my car =)
I'll post updates soon...

Last edited by a moderator:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Welcome-ish! to ClubCivic! :lol: :hi:

Looks good man! A had a mini-me swap once. Any future plans?

kangoo

5+ Year Member
Thanks guys :D

I don't know what keeps happening to the bay picture, so i re-uploaded:

AEM cam gear, yo

XpL0d3r , I do have plans, but I don't have money, I spent it all on the mini-me and repairs --'
I want to:
lower the car, with Tein S-tech springs,
get a stainless steel exhaust pipe (55mm ~ 2.15")
Mangnaflow muffler
This is what I'm saving for.

And in a few weeks I'll have an air duct, and USDM side lights... they're not very popular where I live, yet, so my car will be a bit different... like, it's not like everyone's got it. I'll put white bulbs when I get tired of seeing amber.
I don't like flashy stuff, but the lights look kinda cool.
I'll post pictures when it's done.
I also gotta upload pictures of my interiors, they look so bad hahaha

kangoo

5+ Year Member
I went to a car meet yesterday, got some pictures

clean teggy next to my shitty civic

I'll make a thread with more pictures from the meet.

Last edited:

kangoo

5+ Year Member
I crashed the other day.

Broken wheel, tyre and suspension arm

(understeer is a b***h, I know)

It runs, tho. I got an allignment and it's kinda okay. I'm gonna get the lower arms with the sway-bar mounts now. And two new wheels and tyres =)

blazer92

Good thing you got tough Civic man and you are okey, you need to slow down on that kind of road.

kangoo

5+ Year Member
Good thing you got tough Civic man and you are okey, you need to slow down on that kind of road.
Yea, I'm kind of an a-hole to drive like that in "Barum" tyres. I bet you haven't heard of that brand, right? That's because it sucks haha

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Da fuq is Barum? haha

EDIT: They're a cheaper version of Continentals it looks like. There must be a reason they didn't put their own name on those tires..

kangoo

5+ Year Member
well, here's a little update =)

new doors, my windows open now xD

I hadn't shown this plate yet:

I had steelies in the rear because two wheels were repairing in a wheel shop...

Then they came back looking good as new =)

The interiors... look really bad hahha

USDM/JDM DIY inner tail-lights =)

Put a two-filament bulb in the left, so I could keep the Euro/UK rear fog light

Also got a Spoon air filter

EDIT: I forgot do mention, I now have EG5 (USDM Si) front lower arms and sway bar :D

Last edited:

kangoo

5+ Year Member
Da fuq is Barum? haha

EDIT: They're a cheaper version of Continentals it looks like. There must be a reason they didn't put their own name on those tires..
In Europe (at least in Portugal) there are a lot of "low-cost" tire brands. The guys in the shops always say "they're made in the *big brand* factory", and they really are, but they are sh*ttier. For example these Barums are made by Continental, like you said (I also didn't know), but they're not as good. And they're dirt-cheap. Just like the rear tires my car came with, Klebers. They're made in the Michelin factory, but they were really really bad. When I switched to actual Michelins, I couldn't believe I was driving the same car!