94 civic

DrewBreeze

I need suggestions on what i could do to.... Its a 94 Honda Civic EX (4dr). I want to put a new motor in it. something better something faster that will give me options such as turbos, etc. However i have heard if the engine has to much power you will need to replace the whole front end. that is something i dont wanna do. any help would be great...

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
what do you want to do EXACTLY with the car

what type of budget are we looking at?

techavluis

Registered VIP
ditto to what fait asked

first time i ever hear of doing anything to the front end cuz of power

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
There have been some crazy noob statements lately, like the turbo eating vtec monster in the other guy's thread in the tech section, now a new front end for more power? And its ALWAYS I head this or my friend told me that or my baby's daddy's momma said this. Where do people get this s**t from?

DrewBreeze

i want to put a new engine in for one. The type of engine idk. I want some thing that will allow for extras if i choose. What would be a good choice of engine? After the engine i was thinking intakes headers, tubos and more depending on what i would need to switch out. So all said wht would be the best way to go about it. My budget would be around 5 grand with install...

Decipher

Registered VIP
i want to put a new engine in for one. The type of engine idk. I want some thing that will allow for extras if i choose. What would be a good choice of engine? After the engine i was thinking intakes headers, tubos and more depending on what i would need to switch out. So all said wht would be the best way to go about it. My budget would be around 5 grand with install...
If by "5 grand with install" you mean the price needs to be under five thousand dollars including: your new engine, whatever "extras" is, an eventual turbo kit, and the cost of labor for someone else to do all of the work... then you might as well kiss any dream of swapping it goodbye.

Paying a shop to install a motor and install a turbo is going to kill you. That's over half your budget right there. You might as well stick with the little D you've got in the thing now.

Anyways, before you ask for any more of our opinions, why don't you take a gander at the thread below, which will answer 99% of your questions.

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=196671

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah Decipher's pretty much right there. Unless you have a friend willing to help you or something, the installation of the motors gonna hurt ur budget. I'd say the cheapest way I could say for u to do it is either a light build and turbo on ur current engine, small turbo on a non vtec integra engine (B18b1) oor just all motor swap a GSR engine or below. With that budget if you really want power ur gonna have to learn some stuff and do a lot of the work on ur own

DrewBreeze

The 5 thousand was in reference to just the engine swap. Im trying to find the best way to go about it. but mostly i need a new engine. The extras will come later. What would make since. I dont really have a budget and cant take the time to do it myself because im in another country currently.

Decipher

Registered VIP
The 5 thousand was in reference to just the engine swap. Im trying to find the best way to go about it. but mostly i need a new engine. The extras will come later. What would make since. I dont really have a budget and cant take the time to do it myself because im in another country currently.
You still haven't explained what you mean by "extras". You "don't really have a budget" meaning you have no money or money is not an issue?

And again, any questions you have in reference to motor swaps will be best answered in the link I referred you to in my previous post. Read it. There are too many factors that rely on your personal needs and wants for someone else to just tell you what to do.