94 Honda civic lx no power to fuel pump

Ruben6805

so i found an ECU on ebay but it states it comes out of a DX, i have an LX, will that be ok? it is for a manual transmission, 1.5L engine

RonJ

Banned
The head code should be located above the Cyl #2 and #3 exhaust ports. What do you see there? You'll probably need to remove the header heat shield to see the code.

You don't match the ECU to your Civic trim when there's been an engine swap. You match the ECU to the engine.

And do you have an auto or manual transmission?

RonJ

Banned
In your case, the head code is located above the Cyl #3 and #4 exhaust ports.

Can't clearly see the code -- Is it PM8-1?

RonJ

Banned
Okay, you have a complete D15B8 engine, so you need to buy a P05 ECU. Any USDM P05 ECU should do because the D15B8 engine only came with a manual transmission.

Ruben6805

I got the ECU today and put on and started right up! Thanks RonJ for all your help! One more question, the CEL stays on, probably wasn't on before because back fuse was blown. So I can just test it with paper clip to harness and count the lights, correct?

dospatos

NO power to fuel pump

Ron,
Have same problem but don't exactly where your talking about main service connector and relay. I do know my way around tools and cars but, I have never worked on a Honda. So my first question would be (referencing this post) when he said he jumped pin 1 & 7 and 5 & 7 are you talking in engine compartment at realy panel or at ecu area. Although I need to check the ground at thermostat, and the ground to body continuity at pump still I just want to know where im going next to jump pins. thanks and wonderful help with the guy on the same problem:cool:

RYANGREENAWALT1217

Hey Ron,

not sure if you are still on here but I’m having this same issue. I followed your steps up till checking voltage at the MAF sensor. But I had 5V at pin 1 and 3 of the MAF sensor connector. Not sure if you have another step to confirm that the ECU is bad or not but I would appreciate any help you may have to give.