95 civic ex + cold air intake =?????

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you mean a Vortech Super Charger, or an HKS intake? lol....jus to clear it up. HKS makes turbos, and I am pretty sure vortech doesn't make cold air intakes!

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
okay, no.......... superchargers are belt-driven and turbos are exhaust-driven....... either way, neither one is an intake.....

intakes suck air, chargers push

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh, and ill be the first to call BS on this thread

or maybe clubcivic has encountered its first troll...................

either way, this is a pivotal time in history......... :guns:

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
were ya talkin about me? I was just clearing up how he said she should put a "vortech intake" or a "HKS supercharger." I wasn't they they were intakes, I was was just clearing up a noob's mistake.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol well i may of forgot a comma or so but i meant a vortech or hks supercharger....both were about super charges...and also this is for Team4r. Both are forms of intake, lol they both take air and put in in the INTAKE manifold...so in my view they are the same, the way they do it is different yes. And this is for 99excoupe...just wondering why you would spend money on 15" rims???

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "BioHazard"

lol well i may of forgot a comma or so but i meant a vortech or hks supercharger....both were about super charges...and also this is for Team4r. Both are forms of intake, lol they both take air and put in in the INTAKE manifold...so in my view they are the same, the way they do it is different yes. And this is for 99excoupe...just wondering why you would spend money on 15" rims???
whats wrong with 15" rims....

slipstreams weigh in at 11.9 lbs, and they look freakin amazing.....

.... biohazard... what kind of rims do you roll on????

everyone has their own style, and if you dont like it, take it to PM so i dont have to read it.....

once again...

http://66.227.101.70/otn/angry/nono.gif[/mg]

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

well i have a set a 17x7.0 REV model IV rims, gunmetal.
good for you... you like them.. i'd imagine, right????

im sure 99excoupe will like his 15" slipstreams.....

argument settled 8)

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wouldn't go round sharing your view of how intakes and superchargers are the same this with people who actually know what they are talking about when it comes to cars. Superchargers are forced-induction, they have an intake attached to them. If you knew anything about rotational mass you would understand that you are loosing power and adding weight by having 17's. And also if you knew anything about honda, you would recognize that slipstreams are Spoon Sport Wheel replicas, and look bad ass. and on more life lesson for ya pal (BioHazard), before you start talking s**t, or start acting like you know it all, go read up your s**t, cause you just sound like a dumbass. At ClubCivic we like to keep the conversation free of drama, so cut the crap and post nicely.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahaha..."At ClubCivic we like to keep the conversation free of drama, so cut the crap and post nicely"

"you just sound like a dumbass"

:rolf:

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude....hes pissen us all off....thought I would tell him it straight!

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, i know, its all good. because we know what happens when drama start around here

threa =: locked :admin:

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

:retard:

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh yeah one more thing...99excoupe did you pass physics or even math? becuase anyone who knows anything about ratios, will be able to realize that the bigger the tires, the less torque, but in the more speed top end....so as you once very well said "before you start talking s**t, or start acting like you know it all, go read up your s**t, cause you just sound like a dumbass". isnt it nice that your little phrase is so universal

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

oh yeah one more thing...99excoupe did you pass physics or even math? becuase anyone who knows anything about ratios, will be able to realize that the bigger the tires, the less torque, but in the more speed top end....so as you once very well said "before you start talking s**t, or start acting like you know it all, go read up your s**t, cause you just sound like a dumbass". isnt it nice that your little phrase is so universal
umm you didnt pass physics or math there tiger. the whole point of the plus sizing of tires and wheels is to keep the set THE SAME DIAMETER so it doesnt throw off the speedo and mess up the handling. the point he made was about weight, not about wheel diameter, which is what your trying to say. yes your right, when you increase wheel diameter, you effectively make the gears taller, giving less torque and more high end speed. the issue is weight. pretty much no matter how you look at it, wheel is heavier than tire. so the bigger the wheel is, the smaller the tire is, and the more they weigh. the more rotating weight you have, the more inertia it has. so the engine has to work harder to accelerate them, and the brakes work harder to slow them down. so you want a smaller wheel with a larger tire to get the least weight. lower unsprung weight means better handling, and lower rotating weight gives better acceleration. simple physics.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol so all in all im tired with all this arguing and simply want to stop this argument on such a simple little topic, so i will end my arguing on this topic with this...ok maybe the rotational thing is right, but for handlebarsfsr, if you say i didnt pass math or physics then neither did you lol becuase you start off saying i didnt but then after a sentence or two you agree with what i posted...wierd huh..but i must say its nice to finally have someone who agrees with me =)

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that a bigger tire equals a taller gear, and a smaller one equals a shorter gear. no physics classes needed