95 civic ex + cold air intake =?????

civicchic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:evil: ROAR! I own a 95 civic ex, 2.3 l , well I want to make it smoother and faster. Would a cold air intake become its new best friend?
--April civicchic95

The Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First off I've got to ask... Are you sure that it's a 2.3L? I believe the 95 ex has a d16 1.6L with vtec. In either case a cold air intake won't really do that much for the car. It's a building block mod though. If you're going to want to do a lot to the car you'll definately want to help out the intake flow. Most intakes advertise 10-15 hp but the most you should really expect out of them is 5whp. It'll make a nice growl too when you step on the gas.

Ken

civicchic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ken thanks, but I popped the hood and it said 2.3 l v-tech plain as day, but another thing is I when i bought it I believe they replaced the engine also we have rebuilit it twice and a new transmission. Now do you have any kind of intake to send me on my way with ( suggestion)?

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "civicchic95"

Ken thanks, but I popped the hood and it said 2.3 l v-tech plain as day, but another thing is I when i bought it I believe they replaced the engine also we have rebuilit it twice and a new transmission. Now do you have any kind of intake to send me on my way with ( suggestion)?
cant go wrong with AEM.... :thumbs up:

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aem cai, dc sports 4-2-1 header, and catback exhaust...get it all at once...you'll thank me later

SMOKINHATCHBACK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
M706 is right... and put NOS on it (tourqe in a bottle) to give that this a push..and you will also thank me later :lol:

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no, don't do nos.....

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "civicchic95"

Ken thanks, but I popped the hood and it said 2.3 l v-tech plain as day,
Theres no way it could have said that. VTEC!

the only 2.3L's are from Accords and preludes. What is the engine code for it?

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......

Project Zero

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man Whats up with that. read up on yo S@#t before you come and talk all this riff Raft Bro. :lol:

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's two problems here. First, the 2.3L that honda makes is the Prelude Engine. And Second, the 2.3L is non-vtec. I believe it's the 2.2L that comes with vtec. And to add to that, if you have the 2.3L in a 95 civic EX, i don't think you'll be worrying about more power as it will be putting 160hp and mad amounts of torque for how light that car is.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im confused...look at the damn engine code on your engine...clear this up for everyone

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go take your car to someone who knows what they are talking about. I would know EVERY thing about your car before you start modifying it. Also...why would someone put a 2.3 L motor in a civic....maybe a drag car...but not a street car!

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i would just like to add...for the best intake you should buy a vortech or hell maybe a hks super charger...and if it is a 2.3 L with one of those beasts on there youll prolly get around 250 hp...your car will haul ass..

-------------------------------
Nos if for cissys who cant build real motors

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ummm...thought we were taling about intakes...and not forced induction

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i figured they were open to suggestions...and it sounds like most of the people talking on this thread were addressing the intake issue either, so i put my 2 cents worth in...and also think about it...there both intakes....one is naturally aspirated and one is forced...but they do the same thing =) only one is better than the other