95 civic very very slow build

Deejaymike91

hey guys whats up this is my very very slow build for my 95 honda civic coupe auto
a little history
got the car in 2009 very clean and very stock lol

all the car had on it was some 17 in rims pretty nice but too big lol

bout 2 weeks after it was stolen after i took it for its first legit ride, walked out the store and it was gone :(
3 weeks go by car was found no rims radio or battery

the car sat for a good month until we were able to get new steelies and tires and a battery
after that the car was on the road again =)

not knowing too much about cars just what my friends told me i got a cheap intake and filter just for better air flow
some time later on the radiator went out causing the headgasket to blow and warp the head :(

had the head refinished and fixed

from then on then it blew 2 more times one from the water pump and a nother from a broken water hose

since then the engine has ran like a champ
i kept her maintained
washed waxed keppin fresh

i even waxed her real well and thru on some 17s that didnt fit idk wat i was thinkin lol

i even did ricer stuff like a ebay type r emblem idk i was young lol

then in 2011 i got into an accident with a truck crushed in my front end :(

thankfully it wasnt that bad i was able to slower down enought to just bearly hit the radiator

car was with my mechanic for a good month so he could check out any damage to the engine. luckily there wasnt any and then i bought a whole new front end, fenders bumper hood lights radiator everything lol

the day i brought her home with her new blacked out front end lol

more pix of new front lol

after a while i got some nice fogs for it =)

painted the covers black

super bright

just after the fog install i some how burnt out my main relay and my ecu haha idk how so dont ask but she sat for a week or two then got a new ones and was on the road =)

around mid 2013 shestarted to get rusty and i mean bad rust in the front so i decided to just get her painted

before

the sandingof that rustyass hood lol

body sanding and prep

priming up the hood

trunk work

waiting to b sanded smoothed

final wipe down before paint the next day

waiting for paint tomorrow

the hood done

final product

that shine on the hood

how she sits as of today still need to get her buffed and waxed but overall shes a good lookin car lol ill b updating every now and then of work that ive done thanks for checking it out =)

Last edited:

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn man. Rough luck with that thing, but props for hangin in there. Looks pretty good so far. I would have just painted the hood also, but to each their own.

What are the plans?

Locruid

May I inquire as to where you got those Driving Lights? I was just looking last night on where to mount some Driving Lights and my first thought was those plates but didn't feel like drilling holes lol.

Nice car btw =) Nice to see someone bring a wrecker back to life instead of just dumping it

Deejaymike91

went to the junk yard today to look for some parts for the car and came out with a oem clock picked it up for 6 bucks =) score lol they had a 50 percent off sale lol

its a lil rough lookin but for 6 bucks hey lol

panel removed and also the hazard lights button

testing to see if it works and keeps its memory

and shes in a lil chip in the side but its good for now hopefully i kan find one in better shape later on

Damn man. Rough luck with that thing, but props for hangin in there. Looks pretty good so far. I would have just painted the hood also, but to each their own.

What are the plans?
thanks man The car is my baby I don't think I would've been able to part with her lol the hood that how I had it before I like the black so I just kept it lol
Plans as of now: suspension the ride is gettin pretty rough so I'm think of gettin all brand new coil overs and prolly lower it a bit then maybe engine work, headers exhaust simple bolt on stuff it's my daily so I don't want to do too much that I won't be able to drive it long run maybe engine swap turn into manual lol

May I inquire as to where you got those Driving Lights? I was just looking last night on where to mount some Driving Lights and my first thought was those plates but didn't feel like drilling holes lol.

Nice car btw =) Nice to see someone bring a wrecker back to life instead of just dumping it

Thanks man =) and do u mean the fog lights? Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thread moved to the Builds / Projects section, as there is no tech question here. :thumbs up

Deejaymike91

Yea sorry meant the Fog Lights. Found a pair on Craigslist though :D

Good score on the clock =)

Thread moved to the Builds / Projects section, as there is no tech question here. :thumbs up
Thanks man sorry first time posting got confused on how to post haha

Yea sorry meant the Fog Lights. Found a pair on Craigslist though :D

Good score on the clock =)
Lol oh ok yea I got em on eBay lol just had to replace the bulbs because they were crap but nice on the find lol n thanks I got lucky only clock they had Ima try and go back n find a nice one lol

The cup holders that come stock on the car are a piece of crap lol Ima see if I kan retro fit the ones that come in the 96-00 civic kuz those are better and the come with a pocket already got the part just going to start measuring up n lookin up see if somebody has a write up. Pix soon

Deejaymike91

picked up a new air filter today the previous one i had hadnt been changed in forever lol

left old right new

installed

after the install she runs way better that old filter was dirty ass hell lol

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice to have shiny new exterior, I demand that you detail the interior and simple green your engine bay.

Deejaymike91

so i had been having break issues where i would b at a light and the car would slowly loose break presure n i was like wtf so i didnt wanna risk anything n i fould out one of the lines had a rip in it

went n got a replacement and had the old man helpme install the new one and its good as new now lol no more break issues :cool::cool:

Nice to have shiny new exterior, I demand that you detail the interior and simple green your engine bay.
lol thanks man n i will i keep the interior as clean as possible armor all on the black panels n everything vaccum just havent had a chance to clean the bay i started the otherday but it sure is filthy lol ill get some interior pix tomarrow and also of the new centerconsole mod i did :cool::cool:

picked up a new LED light for the interior online for 5 bucks and decided to slap it in

before

after

from the outside looks pretty good n now i have more light than before lol

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wow that's bright. My interior lights have always sucked. I should look into those...

Looking good so far mang! :thumbs up

Deejaymike91

Wow that's bright. My interior lights have always sucked. I should look into those...

Looking good so far mang! :thumbs up
thanks man:cool: you should get one they are way brighter than the stock light lol

tires started to get camber wear idk how haha but went to go pick up some fresh tires today and slapped em on lol

rims looked like crap and didnt want them to stand out from the fresh tires so got a can of plastidip and sprayed the rims now they look fresh lol

shoulda taped off the lug nuts but meh they still look good lol

these will do for now until i can save up the cash for some rims prolly going to look for some Si ones, gsr blades, or Ls meshs lol

Deejaymike91

So someone swiped my fog light cover the other night I'm kinda pissed I mean wtf do u really need foglight covers that bad lol but whatevs karma will get em lol for now I'm rolling with out the covers it don't look that bad but still bugs me hopefully next paycheck I kan get another pair it kinda sucks kuz I was saving for some mug guards but. Now that got pushed back oh well

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To be honest I don't really know lol I think when they mounted the tires they didn't do them right so it had camber wear either that or my suspension is saggin lll
sounds like u need an alignment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deejaymike91

sounds like u need an alignment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea I thinks that's what it was lol

Not sure if anybody even reads this but order some parts lol

if anyone reads the thread i got jacked for my foglight covers >:( people are really thirsty i mean come on some foglight covers really??? smh idk

finally picked up a new cluster with an rpm guage :lol: lol
i know its an auto but it does make the car look a bit more sproty and i can finally see my rpms and at wich ones i shift at lol

the old cluster

removal, it wasnt that hard just some screws and clips

the new one i replaced the speedo so i could keep the original miles it wasnt that hard theirs a tutorail on this forum if some one wants the link i could find it again

Deejaymike91

Got a friend who said can get me some Oem mug guards and a new emblem from the dealer so still waiting on that

Ordered a new lip since I nvr got back the Oem one that was on the car when I crashed
Got an eBay one because I know I'm going to beat it up lol I'll get a Oem one again when I have the cash

After this looking intongettin either suspension or new rims I'm tired of these donuts lol

ALos any inputs on f&f type 1s coil overs? I heard they where good thanks again for reading

my lip came in today =) super stoked can wait to paint it and slap it on lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ALos any inputs on f&f type 1s coil overs? I heard they where good thanks again for reading
They are good depending on how you use them (as are most things) If you want them just to slam the car as low as possible, don't waste your time because you'll ruin them. If you read the info that comes with them and stick to it, you'll be fine. They aren't meant for racing, and they aren't meant to slam cars.

Deejaymike91

They are good depending on how you use them (as are most things) If you want them just to slam the car as low as possible, don't waste your time because you'll ruin them. If you read the info that comes with them and stick to it, you'll be fine. They aren't meant for racing, and they aren't meant to slam cars.
Omg sorry for fan girling but CHILD COMMENTED ON MY THREAD I THOUGHT ID NEVER SEE THE DAY!!!!!! :O lol I just wanna say I really love ur thread and read it all during one class time which I shouldn't have (almost didn't pass lol) but ur car and the swap was amazing and inspiring that's what got me back into my car lol

Thank you for the info I actually got the idea to get them from your thread and how we'll you spoke of them =) and no I don't want to slam my car I just want a little low and I need some new suspension I feel the original ones starting to go out I did my research and I like these so I think I will go for them started saving up already =)