95 civic very very slow build

Deejaymike91

so my super ebay lip came in the other week just havent had time to post a pic of it but here it is lol

eventually when i have to money ill get an oem lip but i know i willbeat this one up for sure but this ones nice for now =)

i had one on the car before i crashed but i nvr got that one back :(

im not going to slap it on the car just yet i wanna paint it black so it wont fade over time =)

as you 5th gen owners may already know the cupholders that come with this car are complete crap and dont work for s*** because they are really flimsy

these crappy cupholders

i didnt like how they looked and kept spilling my drinks

then i thought of getting the eg center console

i was going to say f*** the cupholders but i couldnt find it for cheap since its rare :(

so i decided to do a modded swap for the 6th gen ones that come with bigger more sterdeir cupholders and also a din that you can put stuff in

like thisone

so i did some research and found a write up for it and how to do it for my car

i went to the junk yard and picked up the center console with the cupholders and boot
i got another centerconsole for my car so i can cut it up and keep my original one if i ever wanted to put back the old one

oh i also got a armrest becuase mine didnt come iwth one lol

arm rest and shifter console painted black to match interior

mock up i kinda f***ed this one up it didnt come out the way i wanted it to

i went and got another center console kuz i f***ed up the first one even found a boot to cover up the original shifter console because they didnt line up right and it looked ugly ( the cluster shows what gear im in so i dont need to see lol)

and this was the final product

i say it came out looking pretty bad ass lol

i wanted to move my radio to the bottom part but there wasnt enough clearance behide to radio for it to sit in all the way :( oh well it still looks good now i have better cup holders and a din to put stuff in =)

Yeah this just got weird....
yeah that was a bit much :(

been saving up money for sumthing big i just dont know what yet but its piling up lol

just a lil sumthing from the other day getting out of class had to snap a quick pick of my babe with my other baby lol

still waiting on my mudguards from my friend hopefully i get a call back soon =)

i did order some stickers from my favorite DIY show on youtube the other day they came in today =)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deejaymike91

Starting to piece together my quick release set up this week
Going to buy the hub first then quick release then steering wheel =) if I had the money I would buy it all at once but going to school n part time doesn't give me much car money lol

Deejaymike91

Finally got my mudguards after a month and a half lol install pix later on today

Also I've been having a problem with my idle where it fluctuates when I'm in park idk what it may be?

Also recently in the morning after 10 min of drivin if min at a light the idle starts to fluctuate but goes very low as if the a rid about to die the comes bak to life idk what that may. B also any ideas?

Deejaymike91

I don't update this thing as much as I should lol
Maybe becuase no one likes to ready and everyone love pix lol
But anywho lip and mudguard are on as stated before they will b painted flat black sometime this month
For now they are amoralld at every wash to keep em black lol
The fluctuating of the idle is still going on I had my friend check it out
We are going to clean the TB and IACV mane that will help of not
I have to get a new one
Maybe need new tires up front bad camber wear I need an alignment lol
Other little stuff to come when I get more money I've been saving up so yeah lol
FHANKS for reading any inputs on the idle will b greatly appreciated thanks ��

Pix to come later on I got some nice one lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Deejaymike91

A lil something I did pick up from evasive motorsports tho
Honda b series iphone case it's freakin dope 3d nice and sterdy doesn't feel cheap or anything

Deejaymike91

So my car died twice today and I couldn't figure out way was wrong Until at night the second time I started it and my brake lights are staying on n I'm like wtf I thought I left my lights on but I didn't the lights are staying on as if I am stepping on the brake

Does any one know what it may be? For now I just pulled the light fuse so it won't die again
Plz help I dint have another car this is my daily lol thanks

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The little rubbery/gel insert at the brake pedal probably finally broke on you. Put a 10mm bolt and nut at the brake pedal stop, that'll fix it. If you still had the stock gel piece in your car, you'll probably find it in pieces on the floor

the stock broken piece looks like this

How it is supposed to be

I personally replace them with a bolt and nut so the problem can't occur again

Deejaymike91

The little rubbery/gel insert at the brake pedal probably finally broke on you. Put a 10mm bolt and nut at the brake pedal stop, that'll fix it. If you still had the stock gel piece in your car, you'll probably find it in pieces on the floor

the stock broken piece looks like this

How it is supposed to be

I personally replace them with a bolt and nut so the problem can't occur again
Thanks child that's wat it was lol I went to the wreckers n found a replacement one but the bolt idea is probably a better solution
When I get off of school ima go purchase one And probably take my battery to go get recharged its really low I guess it got drained to almost nothing

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It freaked me out as well the first time I had the brake pedal tab break on me. Since then, I've also had them break on the clutch pedal (both of them). Child's right, you can get replacements pretty easily, but may be a better solution to use a bolt and nut. Because unfortunately, the stock plug WILL eventually break again.

Deejaymike91

i have not been here in a while, the build with the car has been slowed down due to school and stuff but i havent lost my inspiration for the car =)
only problem im having now is an idle issue where in the morning after maybe 10 min of driving if im stopped at a red light, the car idle starts to fluctuate and only does this at a stop and after 10 minutes it goes away, does any one have any suggestions that might be causing it?

Deejaymike91

Things have been kind of slow with the build been in the process of changing jobs and graduating from college but now that I'm finished with school I'm more focused on the car ☺ Still Tryn to decide what to do next to the car maybe some more exterior mods

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Still Tryn to decide what to do next to the car maybe some more exterior mods
Simple stuff that will make it look a bit more put together and not so ragged and isn't expensive, invest in mounting your license plate where it should be and get the fog light trim.
Then, get some cash and parts together for a manual swap.

nattyyy

Yea I thinks that's what it was lol

Not sure if anybody even reads this but order some parts lol

if anyone reads the thread i got jacked for my foglight covers >:( people are really thirsty i mean come on some foglight covers really??? smh idk

finally picked up a new cluster with an rpm guage [emoji38] lol
i know its an auto but it does make the car look a bit more sproty and i can finally see my rpms and at wich ones i shift at lol

the old cluster

removal, it wasnt that hard just some screws and clips

the new one i replaced the speedo so i could keep the original miles it wasnt that hard theirs a tutorail on this forum if some one wants the link i could find it again
Can i have the link i have 2 replace mine i heard its not hard

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk