95 civic very very slow build

nattyyy

I just finished reading from beginning 2 current I love your post man makes me really excited in getting my car back after 2 months of sitting..Blown head gaskets i should be getting it back 2morrow im about 2 start a form i hope it comes out as dope as yours dont stop posting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Deejaymike91

i know its been a while since i updated but been busy with school and work to do stuff to the car but
quick update
not to much has been done to the car but had the rear drum brakes changed new shoes, resurfaced drums all that non fun stuff lol
just been keeping her maintained so that shes up and running good she hit 220k not that long ago so she needs some care so she keeps on running lol

Deejaymike91

Simple stuff that will make it look a bit more put together and not so ragged and isn't expensive, invest in mounting your license plate where it should be and get the fog light trim.
Then, get some cash and parts together for a manual swap.
yeah ima get a mount for the license plate this week and the covers for the foglights im trying to find them separate but they only come with in the whole kit

Deejaymike91

also i was given a muffler but idk if i would be able to put it on the car
i have a stock muffler and its ok but i want a deeper tone and this muffler is a flowmaster dbx (i know laugh away a flowmaster on a civic haha) like i said it was given to me so it all depends if itll work on the car or if not ill prolly sell it to someone else who can use it

anybody have some input if i can use it
this is it
http://www.amazon.com/Flowmaster-12414310-DBX-Muffler-Moderate/dp/B004TRXNEA

thanks lol

Deejaymike91

im tryna get some extra horse power out of the car i know its a D series but does anybody have some inputs on what i can do? =) thanks :D

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've never liked Flowmaster sound on a 4-banger Civic. Its too open and loud. If I were you I'd sell it and get something thatll provide exactly the sound you want. If you plan to keep the engine mostly stock, then dont change the piping and just upgrade the muffler.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You'll want to stick with stock diameter exhaust piping on an automatic civic. The droning sound is pretty unbearable with a 2.5" cat-back and large muffler.

Deejaymike91

I've never liked Flowmaster sound on a 4-banger Civic. Its too open and loud. If I were you I'd sell it and get something thatll provide exactly the sound you want. If you plan to keep the engine mostly stock, then dont change the piping and just upgrade the muffler.
I know that most flowmaster mufflers are loud as f**k lol but I've heard the tone of this one and it's not that bad it works pretty good with the car and isn't too loud
I only plan on changing the muffler not the whole piping

Deejaymike91

You'll want to stick with stock diameter exhaust piping on an automatic civic. The droning sound is pretty unbearable with a 2.5" cat-back and large muffler.
I just plan on putting on the muffler I do not plan on changing any piping so I do not have problems when I have to smog the car

What I do plan on doing is maybe getting window visors bc it's hot out. Here and I wanna leave the windows cracked
Possibly getting a new steering wheel with quick release and maybe tint

Deejaymike91

its been a while since ive been on here lol car pretty much hasnt been messed with, i plastidipped my front lip bc it was fading gray lol and since i havent gotten new foglight covers they were a gray color so i plastidipped them black to match and they look better pix will b up soon but other than that nothing much has been happening. i plan on doing an oil change and some other changes to the car in then next month i got a smog check coming up hopefully she passes lol also does anybody know if an aftermarket muffler will affect the smog check? thanks again =)

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for the emissions itself, aftermarket muffler makes no difference. If your state requires a noise check, then that muffler might be a cause for worry.

Deejaymike91

Wow it's been a while since I updated on here lol
But updates let's see
Still haven't put on the muffler I've been lookin into a different one that's sounds better I forgot the name but I'll comeback and update on that lol
I bought Amber corner lights just to upgrade the exterior a bit
I had a major vaccum leak and realized it was the intake manifold gasket so I had a friend help me replace it and so no more escaping air lol
Also changed the o ring on the distributor Also got new spark plugs
Did an oil change
And changed the valve cover gasket bc I was leaking oil big time
I should be fine now haven't been able to pass smog so hopefully after changing this I can
Umm check engine light comes and goes
It read codes 1 and 43
Anybody know what it might be? Any help would b greatly appreciated
Umm got new fog lights with new covers since my last ones where stolen lol so brand new everything
Probably going to replace the wiring
Keep the same bulbs bc the ones I have are better than the ones that come with them and bc the fuse holder melted lol
But other than that that's bout it
Pix to come later on car still looks the same
Hope to get some window visors SOOn and maybe tint
I need new tires but that's all after I get it to pass smog
Thanks for taking the time to look at my thread ☺☺

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
trouble code 1 is oxygen content, and code 43 is fuel system supply oxygen sesnsor (this according to Haynes manual). so check your O2 sesnsor, look for vacuum leaks, and check fuel pressure/fuel filter

Deejaymike91

So I took it to go get smogged and she failed man I've been Tryn to have it pass since November I thought fixing the intake gasket would work but it didn't the co levels were too high still and it didn't pass bc of emissions
Do you guys have any idea what I can do to help it pass? Maybe change O2 sensor or check fuel system? It's pissing me off I just want it to pass so I can get my stickers and start buying parts for it but I can't until I pass smog

Deejaymike91

trouble code 1 is oxygen content, and code 43 is fuel system supply oxygen sesnsor (this according to Haynes manual). so check your O2 sesnsor, look for vacuum leaks, and check fuel pressure/fuel filter
I'll check those out
Do you think those are what's keeping me from passing smog?

Deejaymike91

Here are the pics of my Amber corner lights I just got ☺
Some how the fitment for the passenger sided isn't sitting correctly the corner light is too far away from the headlight
Anybody know how to correct this or get them to sit closer?

Attachments