95 ignition switch swap

Tony1103

Hey folks...just wanna say hi...new user here.

Here's the skinney , my son has a 95 and elec part of ignition is bad(new one is on its way)...it'll start but soon as you release key it dies....and im just tryn to see if theres any instructions or a detailed video on how to do the repair. Normally I'd do the repair but im not able to....we live a good distance apart....plus this will be a good learning exp for him....so if anybody has any links to good vids or instructions, suggestions we'd greatly appreciate d....thanks again.

Tony1103

It's a standard PDF file. Don't you have a PDF reader on your computer?
Thanks for quick reply......i found another download on honda hookup.....assuming its the factory manaul iits like 1300 pages....however, looking thru it doesnt have much info on the replacement of switch....

Question for you Boofoo, is it possible to just swap out the elec part on these switches easily? Or does the entire switch at minimum have to come off colume? Also, i know this isnt ideal but if you were to just unplug the old and plug the new one in....would that work (so hes mobile again)....till i can get over to assist with swap?